Wimbledon!

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Wimbledon!

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:59 am

Any tennis fans out there?

Wimbledon started this week which is my absolute favourite tournament. I love the grass and the way that every match is different as the surface of the court changes depending on the weather.

Anyone else watching the coverage (all over the BBC if you live in the UK!) or following their favourite player's results?
Slytherin forever

Shiloh Adlar
No broom

Re: Wimbledon!

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm not able to watch this year due to my schedule, but I love tennis as well! Wimbledon is always exciting, and I love that it has the grass court as well. I'll try to follow the results best I can as their posted.
Shiloh Adlar, Fifth Year, Ravenclaw RP, RQT
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Polaris Black
Silver Arrow

Postby Polaris Black » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:25 pm

I took lessons on clay so that was my favorite surface to play on but grass and Wimbledon are absolutely my favorites to watch. It's so interesting to see how players have to adjust their games to the weather and wear and I love how some of the heritage has been preserved. I watch whenever I can!

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:48 pm

I can't imagine playing in this heat! Been a scorcher today... us Brits just can't cope with this sort of weather!

Well done Heather Watson today :)
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Was watching the most amazing match tonight between Dustin Brown and Rafa Nadal but I had to go to rehearsal and missed the very end! Don't you just hate it when that happens?! Sports Day at school tomorrow otherwise I'd be sitting in my office all day watching the tennis and not teaching.
Slytherin forever

Sirius Fudge
Moontrimmer

Postby Sirius Fudge » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:58 am

Rafa is out! Isner vs Cilic match is O.O

Also, Kyrgios defeated Raonic. Dimitrov is also out! And it is just the second round.

Sirius Fudge | si926 | Fifth Year | Hufflepuff
Prefect | First Friend Project | Student Teacher

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Wimbledon final time...!

Sad that Andy Murray didn't manage to get through to the final this year but Federer was amazing on Friday and deserved to win the semi-final. I'm routing for Federer today as he's such a great player and would be great to see him lift the trophy again.

Also massive congrats to Serena Williams for winning yesterday (she's awesome) and to JK Rowling for slamming the haters yet again.
Slytherin forever

Return to “Sports Talk”