Equestrian Sports

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Morag McQueen
Oakshaft 79

Postby Morag McQueen » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:05 pm

I used to go riding when I was over in Scotland in the Summer, but I never got round to it over the last few years. We've got a riding school and a race course in our village. As soon as I've got the time, I'd like to take a few lessons again.
Many Thanks to the wonderful Efie from SparkleissaInk for both Signature and Avatar.

Alice Averi
No broom

Postby Alice Averi » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:27 pm

I'm in the hunter/jumper class and I'm crazy about it. It's the most fun I've ever had doing a sport. A lot of people keep saying that all I'm doing is steering and that it doesn't take much to ride because they horse is doing all the work, I hate it when people are so close minded about it, especially when they're so wrong about it.
Next time someone tells me that I'm going to put them on a horse and make them just a four foot fence, see if they still hold that opinion.

Prof. Opal Curare
Oakshaft 79

Postby Prof. Opal Curare » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:35 am

Meg Chesterbrook wrote:
QUOTE (Meg Chesterbrook @ Jun 11 2005, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i do think horse competeing is somewhat dumb, i mean the whole 4th plce in the olympics is just werid bacuse there should be a gold, sliver and a bronze. i don't like horse because i'm not interested in getting my spine cracked from being bucked over or stampeeded by a horse thank you very much!

The five minutes we are in the ring is nothing compared to the hours we spend preparing for those minutes. Competition is like, a test, something you do to prove you have learned something. As you learn more, the tests get increasingly harder, to accurately interpret your level of skill. I don't compete to earn ribbons or points or to have people look at me. I compete to give my horse a new experience, and for the thrill and exhiliration of performing to by absolute best.

I currently own a 5 yr old Arabian Gelding, DRR Pro-Coy (Aka Chief), who is practically my baby. I've had him for two years now, and I was the first one on him when he was 2 1/2. I've done all my own training on him, something that is unusual where I'm from... He is my everything horse. We've done drill, Dressage, Hunt Seat, Western, all day trail rides, all sorts of gaming, showmanship, halter, and we just started jumping lessons.

For someone to completely ignore the hours spent developing a relationship between two athletes, simply because they've heard the horror stories of unsafe horses or incompetent riders, or simply accidents, which can happen in any sport, is utter ignorance.

Horses are my life, and one I am very content to live. Also a great passion, as you can certainly tell =D

-Opal

"A single sunbeam is enough to chase away many shadows."
"Always."

Lera Kamerat
No broom

Postby Lera Kamerat » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:20 am

Im horse crazy.
I do all kinds of activitys. and own several different horses.
I have several trofys, a lot of ribbonss and medals.
But i have to say thet they are my horses as whell as mine.(Team work)
Lera
One for all and all for one!

Sydney Alexandra
No broom

Postby Sydney Alexandra » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:29 pm

YAY :D I'm not the only horsey person on HOL :P

I saved up for two years to pay form my own riding lessons (English, btw). Started this september. Am currently learning figures (circles, shllow loops, serpintines and figure eights) in the canter, as well as jumping. We got a few new girls in our class so we haven't been progressing as fast as we used to, but we're still getting somewhere.

I dont own a horse, but I really want to! My favourite horse at my barn is Denver, he's an obese lil Halflinger. He is super lazy for everyone but me, and he gives me hugs <3
|Keeper of the Mighy Gryffindor Claw of Chaos|
|Baby GQTer|Laurie's Partner in Crime|Gallant Griffin|

Return to “Sports Talk”