Private Information On Hol

Official HOL Announcements

Moderator: Headoffice

Rames
Comet 140

Postby Rames » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:48 am

There is one thing I want to repeat, because it is very important:

Every kind of private information - everything that makes you personally identifiable, that connects your HOL Identity to your real life identity - is strictly forbidden in the HOL Forum!!

This includes:
- your home or street address
- your telephone number (mobile or not)
- full name or address of your school etc.

This is for your own safety! Do not reveal any private information in a place that can be accessed by everyone who feels like doing a Google Search and sneaks in here as a guest. We did our best to care for everyone's safety here, no personal information (not your real name, your address etc.) is stored anywhere online or offline - do not accidentially post it in the forums or reveal it to anyone who asks you for it.

We will not install some "HOL meeting service" or such for obvious reasons. All official HOL meetings or parties will have at least one member of the HO attend - and we make sure that everyone underage has the parental permission to attend the meeting - I'm afraid, we can't just approve some random "meeting service".

This is a reminder especially for all the newbies, NOT to post any contact information here in the forum, if we notice such (any moderator) this will get deleted immediately, cost many house points, and if this would happen again, that student will get expelled from the school for his/her own safety.

Another reminder:
- you are encouraged to use a web-based address for HOL (get a new one if needed, Hotmail or Yahoo etc. - not your ISP)
- you are also strongly encouraged to use a HOL Identity, a HOL-Name - not your full real name, for this school. If you signed up for HOL with your real name, you can change your HOL-Name by sending me an email.

Return to “Announcements”