Forum Guidelines For Links / Signatures

Official HOL Announcements

Moderator: Headoffice

Prof. Rhiannon Llewellyn
Comet 140

Postby Prof. Rhiannon Llewellyn » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:39 am

After noticing a recent increase in questions regarding what is and is not allowed in forum signatures, etc., I thought it would be a good idea to list the guidelines for everyone.

Links on the HOL forum have to be G-rated. The only link you may have is in the "Home Page" field in your forum profile. No links are allowed in your signature, other areas of your profile, or in your post unless they are HOL-related links; newspapers, House papers, etc.

Links to any other community, non-HOL forum, or school-simulation are not allowed. You are allowed to link to your private homepage, another Harry Potter site, or any other site as long as it is G-rated and not any kind of commmunity / forum. Also, links to LiveJournals of any kind are banned. This is because we cannot control what is posted in LJs or other forums / communities. Contents there can change very quickly and may not be G-rated at all.

Another thing that is against the rules is advertising another community / school simulation (even if there is no link) via post or PM. For example: "I want to do another school simulation. If you want to help, please PM me."

Your signature may have up to four lines of text and one picture with a maximum of 100 pixels in height and 250 in width. (To check your pixels for the picture, right click it and choose "Properties" and check "Dimensions.") Also, no HP book spoilers are allowed in signatures, and you are not allowed to use the spoiler tags ([ SPOILER ] [ /SPOILER ]) in your signature.

If your signature does not follow the rules, you will be informed by PM and you will have to change it. If you do not, a moderator or admin will change it for you, and you will get a warning / lose points. Incoming students are not exempt from this, and they will be eligible for loss of points beginning 4 January 2004.

If you have any questions regarding this, please contact one of your House Prefects.

Click the image!
Last edited by Prof. Rhiannon Llewellyn on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
House motto | Veritas et Scientia Praebeo ad Astra
No need to teach an eagle to fly | Greek proverb

Thank you to Anya for the wonderful sig image

Sir Paddy
Shooting Star

Postby Sir Paddy » Tue May 31, 2005 9:50 pm

This post is still in effect. The last few days I have deleted over 60!!! links that didn't follow this guidelines. Everybody has been send a PM explaining this.

The following kind of links have been deleted:

- Livejournal
- MySpace
- Deadjournal
- U Journal
- Blogspot
- Blogger.com.br
- Blog.pl
- BLogger.com
-TBlog.com
Prof Paddy O' Brien Professor Emeritus, Emeritus Head of Slytherin House, emeritus member of the HOL board, emeritus member of the Head Office
3rd Floor Corridor
HOL Castle

Return to “Announcements”