Languages

Official HOL Announcements

Moderator: Headoffice

Sir Paddy
Shooting Star

Postby Sir Paddy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:47 am

Dear all,

I would like to remind the general HOL population that not everyone in HOL is a native English speaker. Mistakes are often made. Harassing students about not being able to type correct English is not tolerated!. Of course, you can help those students with their English in a normal way.
Prof Paddy O' Brien Professor Emeritus, Emeritus Head of Slytherin House, emeritus member of the HOL board, emeritus member of the Head Office
3rd Floor Corridor
HOL Castle

Sir Paddy
Shooting Star

Postby Sir Paddy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Again I would like to point out to all students that we do NOT tolerate anyone here dishing out other members of HOL who might not be fluent in English.

I would urge all ops to monitor this kind of behavior and, if needed, take points.

The general idea behind HOL was (and still is) making friends all over the world. We have members from all over the world, from the US and the UK, Singapore and Indonesia, Europa and Russia. So you can see that not everyone has English as their first language. This is also the reason why we do not tolerate netspeak at all.
Prof Paddy O' Brien Professor Emeritus, Emeritus Head of Slytherin House, emeritus member of the HOL board, emeritus member of the Head Office
3rd Floor Corridor
HOL Castle

Return to “Announcements”