Hol Challenge 2007

Official HOL Announcements

Moderator: Headoffice

Rames
Comet 140

Postby Rames » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Good morning (or evening, how should I know? *g*)

You might have noticed that we will have a HOL Challenge again this year. However, -I- have noticed that there are almost 80 teams already. Crazy. We haven't even announced that yet (properly).

The HOL Challenge will begin on October 6th, Midnight HOL Time. Before that day nothing will be revealed - the tasks are supposed to be secret and they will be secret because only very few people will know what they are like.

You can join in teams now already. If you do not "lock" your team before October 6th, you can make changes (name, members) until that day. There is no need to hurry, there are unlimited spots in the HOL Challenge.

Regarding Team Names... we do not allow double names (also no close doubles) and of course no inappropriate names. If your chosen team name falls under these exceptions you will find it renamed to "RENAME YOUR TEAM" in the list - then please do so! In case of a double or close double, the first one registered will stay - trying to be fair here.

Everything else regarding the Challenge... please find on the main HOL Pages.

Thank you!

Rames
Comet 140

Postby Rames » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:33 pm

Some small changes:

- Team Names that do not start with a letter will be renamed. This is not a contest to be first or last in the team list, but to be first or last in the HOL Challenge

- Invalid Team Names will be renamed to "Team X" where X is your team number. You can rename your team until October 6th.

- If you started a team but changed your mind and want to join another team, you will first have to disband your own team.

- If your team is complete (you do not want to make any further changes), and you are quite sure that this is the case, you can LOCK your team. That gives you access to the Challenge Office (soon) where you can get some more information on what the Challenge will be like... or to be correct: where more information will be posted over the weeks to come, as the office is not yet complete

All is well smile.gif

Rames
Comet 140

Postby Rames » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:46 pm

I am getting a bit tired of this now - every few days I have to rename dozens of teams because some of you guys insist to give their teams invalid names or copy some of the already established team names and add an exclamation mark or something.

If there is already a team named "Harry Potter Fans" then you CAN NOT pick that name anymore. All teams must be clearly distinguishable. Also... close doubles like "The Harry Potter Fans" are not allowed then.

And what is most annoying is this silly urge to make your team name stick out in the list by adding some nonsense to it so it shows up at the top or bottom. Stuff like "xoxo Teamname xoxo" or "*~* Teamname *~*" or "!!!!!!! OMG MYTEAMRULZ !!!!!!" are not team names but labels and whether or not you think that this is the coolest thing evah evah, I will always again delete it because you are asked to provide a NAME for your team and not to decorate it.

And if someone means to always again undo my changes and rename their team again to "!!!!!!! OMG MYTEAMRULZ !!!!!!" then I will just lock it as "Team 137" and this is really wayyy uncool, right?

Thanks smile.gif

Return to “Announcements”