Nineteen Years Later-SPOILERS!!

Moderator: Arianna Stonewater

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Nineteen Years Later-SPOILERS!!

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:37 am

Sept 1. 2017 is NINETEEN YEARS LATER!!

The Epilogue of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows gave us a tiny taste of Harry's life after Voldemort.

There is a pretty nice article on Pottermore detailing some items you may have missed!

https://www.pottermore.com/features/everything-you-may-have-forgotten-from-deathly-hallows-epilogue

Which of these did you catch? Did they miss something? Was there something you wish were in the epilogue that wasn't?

Rowan Oswald
No broom

Re: Nineteen Years Later-SPOILERS!!

Postby Rowan Oswald » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:08 am

Happy Nineteen Years Later!

I'm slightly gutted not to be on my way to Kings Cross right now.

Given that I have only read the epilogue once and then listened to it once, I was surprised by how much I did remember. The only thing I had forgotten was Albus' fear of Thestrals.

I'm going to be completely honest here and say I still, to this day, wish that the epilogue didn't exist! The last chapter was incredible and my 14-year-old self's reaction to reading Nineteen Years Later was to fling the book across the room in a rage. If there had to be an epilogue I wish we'd seen Luna. I wish it had been less heteronormative and cheesy. I wish at least one of the trio had not married their Hogwarts Sweetheart.

I wish that Albus had been given any middle name other than Severus! My personal favourite alternative is: Alastor Rubeus Potter, known by all as 'Dobby'.
Ravenclaw/\First Year/\They/Them pronouns

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Happy Nineteen Years Later!

I am totally with the group who wishes that the Epilogue did not exist, sorry. :lol: As Rowan said, the last chapter was just amazing, enough, in my opinion, to just leave the story be. I think that throughout the last book, we knew that Ron and Hermione, as well as Harry and Ginny would end up together (presumably) happy. I would even be satisfied if there had to be an epilogue, but it would instead focus on maybe a few months later, or "Eighth Year" of Hogwarts for some of the characters. Not just make a Nineteen Years jump.

I checked the article over and to my knowledge, I only slightly forgotten about the watch. Maybe being a Quidditch player does pay off. :D

The only thing that really ticked me off were the names of Harry's children. While I do not mind naming your child after your parents, grandparents or other people you admire, I hated all the names they were given. But that is just me. ^_^
Thank you Dario!

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:51 pm

And she didn't disappoint.... new article!

https://www.pottermore.com/news/catching-up-with-harry-potter-deathly-hallows-epilogue-nineteen-years-later

Don't forget to visit The Wizarding World Book Club today for a cool badge!

Tweet #BackToHogwarts to get a cool emoji, or search it on facebook to see some cool videos!

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm torn. I always want more, so I'm glad for the epilogue, but I agree, it just wasn't as good. The names are definitely ridiculous, give them middle names honoring someone sure but give them different first names

Return to “Pottermore”