Wands

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Wands

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:13 pm

If you've ever been to Pottermore, you know that not only can you be sorted into Hogwarts and Ilvermorny, but you can also get your own wand!

Now, if you haven't already, I HIGHLY recommend taking Prof. Tarma Amelia Black's Wand-Making class. It is a lot of writing, but it is also incredibly informative and fun! I've learned so much about my own wands and staff, it's been a great class this term! Plus, it gives you insight into other people once you can recognize their wands/staffs.

But i digress! Pottermore now has this wand-erfully done Wand-O-Graphic where they broke down wand-use throughout the series based on successful/unsuccessful spells, as well as how many times they've used their wands. Now, it doesn't break down EVERY character, but it is interesting to see which spells are used the most and stats like how the Weasleys use their wands way more than the Malfoys, but the Malfoys have a higher success rate.

What are you most surprised to see? Do you think there was any big wand users who should have been included? (like I would've loved to see McGonagall's wand usage)

Return to “Pottermore”