Patronus Quiz

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Patronus Quiz

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:25 pm

The Patronus Quiz is now live on Pottermore!!!

Find out yours here! (you will have to log in to take the test, and you can only take it once per account)

It is very interesting; I got a thestral!!

But it doesn't tell you anything about it after the quiz....I wonder if only certain people can see my Patronus?

What did you get?
Last edited by Arianna Stonewater on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maxim Trevelyan
Moontrimmer

Re: Patronus Quiz

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:07 pm

I got a heron.

Like you said Arianna, too bad we can't know more about our Patronus.

According to one site, a heron means:

You love to explore various activities and dimensions of Earth life. On the surface, this may seem like a form of dabbling, but more than likely you are wonderfully successful at being a traditional ‘Jack of all trades’.

This ability enables you to follow their own path. Most people will never quite understand the way you live because on the surface it seems to be unstructured without stability or security to it. It is, though, just a matter of perspective. There is security underneath it all, for it gives you the ability to do a variety of tasks. If one way does not work, then another will. This is something you seem to inherently know.

You do not seem to need a lot of people in your life, nor do you feel pressured to keep up with the material world, or to be traditional in your life roles. You stand out in your uniqueness, and you know how to snatch and take advantage of things and events that the average person would not even bother with.

I guess it's partly right? :lol:
Thank you Dario!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:57 pm

I got a Little Owl and am just delighted. Awww.
How odd is that because a lot of times, when doing a doll-maker thing, I'll put a little owl on my shoulder.

Google - what first 3 sources say about 'owl':

Athene's bird was a Little Owl, (Athene noctua). ... It was believed that a magical "inner light" gave Owls night vision. As the symbol of Athene, the Owl was a protector, accompanying Greek armies to war, and providing ornamental inspiration for their daily lives.

You have the ability to adapt to the constantly changing environment you are now in.
-Owl

If Owl is your Animal Totem:
The Owl is the symbol of the feminine, the moon and the night. The Owl is also the bird of magic and darkness, of prophecy and wisdom. You work best during the night hours. This totem gives you the power to extract secrets. Listen to its voice inside of you. You will hear not what others are saying, but what is hidden. You can detect subtleties of voice that others cannot. People cannot deceive a person who has an this totem because you can see into the darkness of others souls. Most Owl people are clairvoyant because of this ability. It can be very scary at times. Learn to trust your instincts about people.
*Avatar-Terrier (Beka Cooper)*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Kaitlyn Nightingale
No broom

Postby Kaitlyn Nightingale » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:32 pm

I wouldn't have believed a simple quiz with a few questions could really define one's Patronus but of course I tried it when I saw the link.

And I got a Newfoundland but I really don't feel like it defines me... I must say I'm not happy with it, too bad it doesn't let us retake the quiz... :mellow:

The quiz was beautifully done, though :wub:

Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Postby Kathren Johnsun » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:37 pm

You only need yourself in this matter. Others will only confuse the issue. ~Cat

I got a tonkinese cat which is a cross of a siamese and a burmese cats. A little weird since cats actually don't seem to like me much. My little sister's cat has actually tried to bite me on occasion. I also had a cat that we raised from a kitten when I was little so cats have been a part of my life for the majority of it.

According to one site:

If Cat is your Totem Animal:
People with Cat as their totem are always extremely psychic and creative people. Often they are independent, unpredictable and more often than not highly astute in all situations. There is always a sense of mystery that surrounds them. They are also highly selective in choosing their friends and will rarely cave to peer pressure. They choose their own way in life but have to be careful not to become too reclusive.

I've got to admit they got most of that correct, so I guess I can deal with this.

Reggy Faraday
No broom

Postby Reggy Faraday » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:35 am

I'm happy that there is such a large variety of animals! I guess I had been expecting some more generic results, but I'm really impressed with the vast array of answers I've been hearing from folks.

I got an Ibizan Hound, a very beautiful dog I hadn't heard about before (I don't know many breeds). Despite being more of a cat person, I'm very happy with this patronus! Evidently they are intelligent hunting dogs, if a bit clownish. :P They look super graceful when running, too, according to the Youtube videos I found. Makes me want to meet one of these dogs!
Hufflepuff first year :: re1080

"'I wish somebody would write a story sometime about the people who warm up the heroes afterward.'" - Moominland Midwinter

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 am

The quiz was really pretty!

And I've been impressed by the variety of answers too! There's 141 possibilities apparently!

I got a dolphin, which was kind of unexpected - it's never been something I've though of as a patronus. Strangely enough when it said to think about your happiest memory, I was thinking about a family vacation at the beach...

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne wrote:I got a dolphin, which was kind of unexpected - it's never been something I've though of as a patronus. Strangely enough when it said to think about your happiest memory, I was thinking about a family vacation at the beach...

That's fascinating! I never thought of sea creatures being patronuses, but i guess they don't have to have legs or wings to be magical forces of light! That's really awesome!

Rosalie Mason
No broom

Postby Rosalie Mason » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:24 pm

I got an Irish Wolfhound!! I think it's pretty fitting for me considering that I love dogs more than anything else in the world, and Irish Wolfhounds are actually pretty adorable, now that I think about it. I did some Googling and found a few traits that people thought described it well: Loyal, Sweet-Tempered, Generous, Dignified, Thoughtful, Patient. I did a quick check in with some of my friends and they thought it was pretty spot on!

I know some people aren't entirely happy with what they got on their sorting test, but I feel like it can be hit-or-miss. For me, it was a big hit! I'm super excited that we got a Patronus test and I can't wait to see what else J.K. might have in store.

Joey Stark
Oakshaft 79

Postby Joey Stark » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:05 pm

I had an interesting experience as I had to take the test twice, producing different patronuses!

The first time I took it, I did it on a tablet and the experience was a little underwhelming and frustrating as I was trying to see/read it in a busy environment and the questions sometimes timed out but I got a Ginger Cat! I was happy because I love cats and unsurprised because I've been compared to them by friends. I even asked a few to guess my result and they said 'cat' straight away!

Then I got home (I was away) and realised I had been signed into the wrong account before (I've forced my family to all take the Pottermore Hogwarts house sorting quiz... :rolleyes: ) and had to redo it. I'm kind of glad I did in a way, even though I had been happy with my cat, because it was a much more immersive experience on my computer, the music, the journey through the forest was a lot clearer, the little hint you get which I didn't see before, clicking and dragging at the end to produce it. I agree with you Kaitlyn, it was beautifully done! My second patronus was an Eagle, which I guess is the ultimate Ravenclaw Patronus? :lol:

So I'm thinking that they showed two sides of me, the cat: an aloof, cautious, independent side (and ginger cats are known for being friendly) and the eagle is associated with courage and strength and I think may somewhat represent aspects of me that make me a Ravenclaw? I noticed both are associated with a free spirit - so I think that's what I'll take away from this weird double patronus experience.

All your patronuses (patroni?) sound great! Such a good array! Arianna, you're the only person so far I know of to have a magical creature as a patronus, a thestral is awesome!

I had to cheer up a friend already who was very upset her Patronus was a Salmon, which she thought was 'the lamest of all the animals' but I cheered her up a bit (after sending her a picture of a fish at dinner asking what she was doing on my plate... B) ) when I pointed out it was associated with Wisdom, as a child I had been told the Irish story of the Salmon that was thought to hold all of the world's knowledge but it seems other cultures also have that association! So I agree that it would have been nice to read a bit about your animal as it helps explain the choice a bit better.
Credit to Maxim! ^

Sirius Fudge
Moontrimmer

Postby Sirius Fudge » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:55 pm

The patronus quiz provides the user an experience, with the calm music, good graphics as if we were on a journey. When I saw the 'better with headphones', I knew I will be in for a treat. And a treat it was!

The choices are varied, and not obvious. There were times that I had a few second thinking process but in most cases, I clicked on what I want at that moment. Oh well, my patronus is a wolf. I like it, though I would have wanted to know what it means lol.

Sirius Fudge | si926 | Fifth Year | Hufflepuff
Prefect | First Friend Project | Student Teacher

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Postby February Fortescue » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:44 pm

I got a Dolphin. I must have really been in a good mood...

"Communications, intelligence, emotion. Dolphin people tend to be sociable, playful, and kind. Dolphin teaches people to be motivated, inquisitive, and full of life. It also teaches people the importance of not taking oneself too seriously."

"The dolphin spirit animal represents harmony and balance. Dolphins are both highly intelligent and closely in tune with their instincts, striking a balance between the two states. Dolphins are also a symbol of protection and of resurrection. Their playful nature is a reminder that everyone needs to approach life with humor and joy. People who identify with the dolphin totem are usually peaceful and gentle, but with a deep inner strength.

The dolphin is a complex animal and has had many different meanings attached to it throughout history, including:

Peace and harmony
Protection
Playfulness and joy
Resurrection
Inner Strength
Cooperation"

Oh, definitely me. Hey, what can I say? I think I new a new sig..... :lol:

av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Elizabeth Mayes
No broom

Postby Elizabeth Mayes » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:22 pm

I got an Eagle patronus. Not what I was expecting, but I like it, haha! Summarizing the internet.. Eagle people tend to "fly high" but also remain very grounded. Eagles also like to be close to creation, are risk-takers, intelligent, courageous, and healers. They also represent freedom. Some things fit and some things are a little iffy. Not bad though.

Joey, it might interest your friend to know Evanna Lynch got a Salmon patronus too. I think it's cute and unique. :)
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." - Maud Casey

Ascended Warrior Vin by axt234

Trystanne McAndrews
No broom

Postby Trystanne McAndrews » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:32 pm

My patronus is an eagle, which surprised me at first, but after thinking about it for a bit, it makes perfect sense.

Return to “Pottermore”