well...

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Chelsea Black
No broom

well...

Postby Chelsea Black » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:54 pm

So when pottermore first got out, I took the quiz and got ravenclaw. From then on I always thought I was a ravenclaw. All my friends did too. I took the quiz the new one and got ravenclaw, took it again and I got hufflepuff, I mean I guess I'm kinda a puff but when they said they are nice, I can be quite mean too people. Also, all my HP profiles are ravenclaw. My HEX, my HOL and my Hogwarts Is Here. I don't know what to do! :(

Elena Galatas
Oakshaft 79

Re: well...

Postby Elena Galatas » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:51 am

There's nothing wrong or shameful with qualifying for multiple houses, darling! Remember, Harry Potter himself qualified for both Gryffindor and Slytherin -- the thing that matters is he chose to be in Gryffindor. I qualify for both Ravenclaw and Slytherin houses, but I have more Ravenclaw tendencies than I do Slytherin. If I don't get a Ravenclaw result from the quizzes (I've taken many over the years), then the result is almost always Slytherin. If you have qualifications that sort you into both houses, then be proud! What matters most is the house that you feel you belong to, so if that happens to be Ravenclaw then be a proud Eagle! ^-^
Elena Galatas || Sixth Year || Ravenclaw || Dr. Who Enthusiast || Oncer
"I'd go to the end of the world for her. Or time."

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:00 am

I'm not sure I trust the Pottermore sorting anyway. I've done the sorting quite a few times now for various reasons and have got all the houses at some point. It's a shame it doesn't give you a choice like the real sorting hat would do because then I would obviously choose Slytherin (or Ravenclaw). JK Rowling must know by now that a lot of fans have strong allegiances to certain houses as we've had plenty of time to make our minds up!
Slytherin forever

Eleni Oresteia
No broom

Postby Eleni Oresteia » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:20 pm

I've been sorted into both Ravenclaw and Slytherin on Pottermore. It caused a bit of an identity crisis at first- I ended up doing the sorting about 10 times and I got Slytherin way more times than Ravenclaw so I went with it, but I still think of myself as part Ravenclaw or Ravenclaw-leaning. There's nothing wrong with sorting different ways though. Just choose the one that seems to fit better or that you feel most excited about being in. After all, the hat takes your choice into account.

In fact, I know several people who disregard the Pottermore sorting entirely and just go with the house they chose for themselves, which is fine. The Pottermore sorting can be interesting for revealing qualities you might not have thought of. A person might think they're definitely not a Gryffindor for example, but they realize through the quiz that they could be because they are very adventurous and willing to defend others. That doesn't mean they have to identify as a Gryffindor if they've identified as a Hufflepuff all along. Harry realizes by the end of the story that "you would have done well in Slytherin" wasn't an insult and a Gryffindor needn't be ashamed of having many Slytherin qualities, but he is still fully a Gryffindor because that's what he chose.

Return to “Pottermore”