Pottermore - the Sorting Hat - revisited

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Nimbus 2001

Pottermore - the Sorting Hat - revisited

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:53 pm

As February Fortescue has gleefully announced here, we can log into Pottermore again!

Pottermore

When I went there, for some reason my old Log-In didn't work -- and I did the whole routine again! Then I decided not to accept the House that I'd been originally (years ago) Sorted into (you could use that as an option) and used the Sorting Hat.

I was Sorted into Slytherin and have a new wand too.

Dogwood wood Unicorn hair core 12 ¼" in length Slightly Springy flexibility

When you went there, could you log in with your old name and password? Or did you have to do it all over again?
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: .
*Siggy and Avatar from The Princess Bride*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....STILL."~Xaris

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Re: Pottermore - the Sorting Hat - revisited

Postby February Fortescue » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:07 pm

I know some who can, and they were given the choice to keep their original House and original wand, or to re-take both quizzes.

Here's something to think about.

The first question you are asked for is your name. If you put your name, that's what you'll be seeing. If you put your original name, such as noxquill11, you'll be seeing THAT on your profile.

I redid mine. I got Ravenclaw again, but Holly wood, Phoenix core, and slightly springy :D

Holly. Phoenix. Seriously????????
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:29 am

I had to create a new account, but when i logged in it gave me the option to reclaim my old account instead of being sorted again, so I did. Still Slytherin, and my wand is a beautiful 12 3/4" Hazel wand with a Phoenix feather core and reasonably supple flexibility!

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Guys. Did you see the update last night??? Now you can read more about the other Hogwarts schools, including THREE new ones in Africa, Brazil and Japan, and the name for the American school!

https://www.pottermore.com/news

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:20 pm

I was a bit dissapointed by the new sorting hat ceremony: when I filled in my old nickname, it said I belonged to Slytherin before, which I wasn't. So, I decided to take the test again: SAME questions as before :(
And I was sorted into Hufflepuff. I have never been sorted into an other house than Gryffindor (not here in HOL, not in the old Pottermore and not on another HP site I am on). Well... It is what it is, haha.

Return to “Pottermore”