Feelings about Pottermore 2.0?

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Polaris Black
Silver Arrow

Feelings about Pottermore 2.0?

Postby Polaris Black » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:32 pm

I was a Pottermore Beta Tester and the original Pottermore no longer exists. Sources say it was changed to provide a mobile experience (rather than a desktop), enable JK Rowling to add new content more quickly and easily, and provide the latest news on the ever expanding magical universe (The Cursed Child play and Fantastic Beasts movie, for example).

While your galleons and collections are gone, some of the artwork is still accessible. The Sorting Hat will return sometime in the future as well as a new quiz to determine your Patronus.

The fandom reception has been mixed. I loved the new information about the Potter family. February Fortescue has provided some excellent information about navigating the new website here.

How do you feel about Pottermore 2.0?

Hanna Inari
No broom

Re: Feelings about Pottermore 2.0?

Postby Hanna Inari » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:13 pm

I was never interested in Pottermore because earlier I didn't understand it. Just a week or two ago I went through the sorting there again (because I forgot my login and password), started surfing it and decided that it's cool and I should go there more. And now it's gone. It's a bit strange, although I think it will become only better (and maybe won't take such a long time to open every page if they're redesigning it for mobiles... I hope).

Joey Stark
Oakshaft 79

Postby Joey Stark » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:39 pm

I was also a Pottermore Beta tester and really enjoyed the old format, the sorting system, getting your wands, exploring the different layers etc. I think for many who put a lot of work into Pottermore, working on collecting Chocolate frog cards and galleons, working for house points etc it must be disheartening to find all that gone.

But luckily for us we have pretty much all of that on HOL! Sorting, wands, exploring everything on offer, collecting and swapping chocolate frog cards, collecting beans and house points etc.

For me, I was using it more for the extra information offered so like you Polaris, I was thrilled at the insight into the Potter family heritage. I'm also really excited about a test that could reveal your patronus! I wasn't aware it was in development!
Credit to Maxim! ^

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Postby February Fortescue » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Joey Stark wrote:For me, I was using it more for the extra information offered so like you Polaris, I was thrilled at the insight into the Potter family heritage. I'm also really excited about a test that could reveal your patronus! I wasn't aware it was in development!

If it helps at all, I kept a list of the new information Pottermore added about the characters, the names, plots, etc. I have a sticky thread available for reading to everyone, located in the Dungeons, connected with the Harry Potter read-along. I'm going to update the links as the reading progresses and as Pottermore continues to change.
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:22 pm

That is awesome, February!

Where in the Dungeons is it? Would you please post a link?
*Avatar-Terrier (Beka Cooper)*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Postby February Fortescue » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm sorry - of course, Professor! :D I'd be honored.

Click here v

Pottermore Links
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Return to “Pottermore”