Pottermore Has Changed!

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Pottermore Has Changed!

Postby February Fortescue » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:18 pm

J. K. Rowling has made some significant changes to Pottermore and the site is considered to be a work in progress. Currently, we no longer log in with our former logins, and our personal pages are gone, but the artwork is still there, as well as scenes from the movies. From what I read on the site, it appears she plans to integrate the Pottermore information, the books, the older movies, the play, and the future movies, etc. as the world continues to expand.

The URL is the same : https://www.pottermore.com/

You can navigate the site in couple of different ways. Currently the home page discusses the play. On the upper right hand side, you can click on Menu and read any article which interests you, or the latest news, or go shopping. The FAQs are there, and if you notice closely, you may spot the fact that they're promising us a future Patronus Charm quiz. On the left hand side, if you select Explore, you can type in any name or subject related to the wizarding world which interests you. For example, type in Quirrell. You are given 3 choices. If you select J.K.Rowling Writing Professor Quirrell, you will get the backstory JKR wrote for the character for Pottermore. If you select Explore the Story Dark Arts, Umbridge, Quirrell, and the Malfoys, you'll get locations where the character was discussed. Finally, if you select Explore Explore the Story Quirinus Quirell, you'll get art work, movie photos, and quick facts, such as his birthdate and Hogwarts House.

***edited to add***

Why has Pottermore changed? Well, here's the thing. JKR started Pottermore with Sony, and Sony wrote the games and much of the interactive stuff. That deal ended in 2014. When she decided to write the screenplay for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" she signed on with Warner Brother's, who is the same group who did the last 8 Harry Potter movies. Rowling of course owns the writing she did for Pottermore and a lot of it is still there, but now it's listed by subject and character, etc., and not by book. Much, if not even more, of the art work is still there as well. Now, we have photos from the movies, because of the additional add on of Warner Brothers. Plus, the site is presently considered a work-in-progress. I do know there are plans to re-add a sorting hat quiz, wand quiz, plus a patronus quiz.

I was very fortunate to have gotten in the site on the very first day, and I kept up with it. I did save some things. But it's still just not the same
Last edited by February Fortescue on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: Pottermore Has Changed!

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:32 am

There's a topic -- click! --where you can express your delight or dismay or puzzlement about this change!
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Re: Pottermore Has Changed!

Postby February Fortescue » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Pottermore has changed up - we can log in again!
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Return to “Pottermore”