Pottermore! - The Sorting Hat

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Erin Llewellyn
No broom

Postby Erin Llewellyn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:51 pm

I was put in Slytherin, which is absolutely the House I would be in IRL, so maybe if the hat's rigged it was just a coincidence I ended up there. During the quiz I had the impression that I wasn't giving very 'Slytheriny' answers to the questions (I wanted to be honest, but I also wanted to be a snake!) and yet I ended up there anyway.

Eh, it's all good! All Houses are pretty much awesome. :lol:

Thanks to Brie MacKenna for this beautiful bit of art!

Katelin Ross
No broom

Postby Katelin Ross » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:
QUOTE (Prof. Tarma Amelia Black @ Sep 1 2011, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello.

My name is Tarma Black.

I've been to Pottermore -- and been Sorted.

Into Ravenclaw .

:blink:

Yes, somehow the (Pottermore) Sorting Hat put me into Ravenclaw. I'm sure my 'Badgerness' will corrupt most or all of the Eagles, so that is good.

\o/

Thus far I have managed to melt down umpteen cauldrons, find my way to the end of book 1, and accumulate this and that of Treasures -- and actually earned over 20 points. I know that's not a lot of points, but at least I'm not at zero points anymore!

I totally LOVE Pottermore! :D

Our Badgerness has infiltrated Ravendome! I was sorted into Ravenclaw too!

Ryan Granger wrote:
QUOTE (Ryan Granger @ Sep 5 2011, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I completely agree with Bella, this hat's rigged.

End of Story.

I was sorted into Hufflepuff, and after reading their welcome letter, it looks like I'll be the first to be kicked out of Hufflepuff.

Haha you so would too Ryry!

Thanks to my Secret Santa, Zoki, for the awesome signature!!!

Prof. Ulol Kimil
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Ulol Kimil » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Tarma is sharing dormitory with Cassie in the tower, so she better gets lots of buckets with her.
Life without books is death...

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:08 pm

No, I'm NOT.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk
Cleansweep One

Postby Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:09 pm

DORMING WITH TARMA! :D :D :D

I call the window bed. And, and *doodles all over Tarma's side* >:D
Last edited by Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enid Labs
No broom

Postby Enid Labs » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:55 pm

This Hat is completely WRONG. I got into Ravenclaw, when I'm a Badgere wherever you see it. I'm angry. e.e
Enid Labs||en602||First year Student||PPC Member||HOL Book Club Member

Life can be awful if you aren't able to see it's bright side.

Hermionie Miranda
Moontrimmer

Postby Hermionie Miranda » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:01 am

Enid Labs wrote:
QUOTE (Enid Labs @ Sep 11 2011, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This Hat is completely WRONG. I got into Ravenclaw, when I'm a Badgere wherever you see it. I'm angry. e.e

Maybe Enid you have some Ravenclaw qualities in you. I think as long as you learn something about yourself through the sorting somehow no answer is wrong. :)
Hufflepuff Prefect
Fel's Bag Carrier and Hufflepuff Seer *wink wink*
Avatar by Dario Sehovic, Signature made by myself

Chadwick Cadet
No broom

Postby Chadwick Cadet » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:12 pm

I think "no answer is wrong" because we all have a "little bit of each house in us" is an excuse covering that the hat isn't doing it's job. The point isn't to just place you in "any house that you might do well in" but the house that fits you best.

I have two friends that got the same questions on a quiz and put the same answers - one went to Ravenclaw and the other to Gryffindor and they both normally sort into Hufflepuff. Soooo that pretty much ruined pottermore for me. I'll still go through all of the extra content because it's cool but I can't say it's going to become my favorite HP site anytime soon.

Enid Labs
No broom

Postby Enid Labs » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:44 am

Hermionie Miranda wrote:
QUOTE (Hermionie Miranda @ Sep 11 2011, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Enid you have some Ravenclaw qualities in you. I think as long as you learn something about yourself through the sorting somehow no answer is wrong. :)

Of course, I know I have some things about eagles.... but Herms... I'm not the only Badger who is in Ravenclaw at Pottermore.... 'til now I've counted like five or six persons, and probably out there should be more :/
Enid Labs||en602||First year Student||PPC Member||HOL Book Club Member

Life can be awful if you aren't able to see it's bright side.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Well, I've decided to celebrate my Eagle-ness.

^_^

I sort of figured out that Pottermore probably has direct input from J K Rowling herself on how the Sorting Hat works. Since it is her creation, maybe there are other factors, like the speed of answering the questions, which are not obvious.

And ... maybe perhaps MAYBE if I'd gone to Hogwarts I'd have been Sorted into Ravenclaw.

But a very 'Badger' thing is to accept what IS, and go from there, right?

Do Eagles ever have a bit of fur about them? or a shiny black nose?

\o/
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Kelly Rizzoli
No broom

Postby Kelly Rizzoli » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:49 pm

I was sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore, which is the house I was sorted into here. I feel like it's the house I belong in, though I know a lot of people who have been sorted into their last-choice house. On any sorting quiz, though, I always seem to get Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, so as long as I'm in one of those, I'm happy.

Haven't melted any cauldrons yet, but I was also having trouble figuring out how to make a potion the other night. So potions might not be my strongest subject.

Ceri McHawk
No broom

Postby Ceri McHawk » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:50 pm

I was answering the second question of the Sorting Hat, and swish! "Due to overwhelming demand, you cannot access Pottermore right now.
Please be patient whilst we try to connect you." :huh:

EDITED: all came out fine and in Pottermore as here I belong to Gryffindor
Last edited by Ceri McHawk on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joanna Wester
No broom

Postby Joanna Wester » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:43 pm

I was sorted into Slytherin. I didn't expect that before. I thought I would be in Ravenclaw. but after all, Slytherins are nice and fun. I'm enjoying to be a Slytherin now ;)

Chadwick Cadet
No broom

Postby Chadwick Cadet » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Well I had three accounts - the other two were supposed to go to my brother and sister, but I tried them out for sorting and now I've officially been placed in Ravenclaw the first time, Gryffindor the second time, and Slytherin the third. I wonder if other people would get such inconsistent results? Major womp though, maybe I'm doing something wrong heh.

I guess I'll just end up picking one and giving the others to my siblings, but I'm way annoyed that the sorting hat doesn't seem to give legit results at all. :(

Rayne Devereaux
No broom

Postby Rayne Devereaux » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm sorry if this upsets people, but shouldn't we be thankful for there even being a Pottermore? I mean, people are getting upset over things like the Sorting, which I understand is frustrating, when J.K. Rowling didn't have to do something like this for us. She could have left off with book seven and never looked back. Instead, she took the time to help create something to help her legacy continue. This is a privilege even if it doesn't meet people's expectations. Okay, so the wait for the second book to come online is a pain but how long did we all wait for the actual novels to be published? I just feel like there is a lot of complaining taking place when the site is a privilege even when there are glitches and things turn out unexpected.

Anyways, I'm still waiting for my letter. :( For a while I was antsy waiting but now I'm all "meh." It will come when it comes. Is there anyone else who is still waiting? I found my quill on either day five or day six. I'm not sure if that helps with figuring out when my letter will arrive. I think I’m more worried that it was sent and for some reason I didn’t get it. :\

Chadwick Cadet
No broom

Postby Chadwick Cadet » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Yea, this certainly is an awesome idea and the glitches/updates are going to come with any new website, that doesn't bother me much. It's more the fact that she advertised it as "your true sorting" when it clearly isn't. Unless I'd be a three way hatstall, but that seems unlikely.

As for the rest of the site though, I do think that it has potential! Since this is such unexplored territory with a site like this it's going to probably take them a while to work out all of the kinks.

I honestly think that what this shows is just that JK Rowling's fans have been spoiled by the masterpieces she has created in the past and it might make some of us have higher expectations than normal. The whole point of beta testing though is to get people's raw reactions and improve based off of them. It probably would have been a good idea to start with maybe only half a million testers, but overall I think this is what they expected.

Either way though, my last account was registered on Day 5 and I got access to it yesterday so yours should be coming soon! (It does go by days haha)

Ceri McHawk
No broom

Postby Ceri McHawk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:13 pm

PLS! Before everything if this can't be posted here just feel free to remove it or tell to do it.

I think most of the complaints are linked to the fact that somepeople, who follows JKR and Harry Potter for more than 10 years already and everysingle time they play to be sorted somewhere are placed in the same house, are waiting to have the same result in Pottermore and suddenly they came out with other house ;) but in the end they are happy to be in there and to go on.

By the other hand, what I don't think is fine is to have more than one account when it is asked in the rules (number 14) so as for example Chadwick you got three accounts one for you and others for be used by your siblings but finally you're using them 3 which is definitely not fair, why? Because you deny two other fans to get earlier access to the site.
I know not everybody read all the rules but when you find out a PLEASE only ONE account per person, what you can do is to gift the others to other people (as Chadwick will do with his :) )

Related to the inconsistence, are you sure you gave always the same answers??
Last edited by Ceri McHawk on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chadwick Cadet
No broom

Postby Chadwick Cadet » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Well you get different questions, so you can't really give the same answers. When I did get the same questions though I tried to keep them the same.

And yea - I know I'm denying my siblings the right to get sorted, but they have the password to the accounts so they've gone on to play and check out all of the stuff that's going on. For my two other accounts I didn't pick up anything along the way (sorry I'm not trying to spoil anything!) so that they could go back to do everything minus the sorting, heh. They're also not as into HP as I am so they didn't care where they ended up really.

I'm picky about fairness though - and I don't think you can claim that the sorting is fair or honest if the end result is a fourth of everyone going to each house. If I was convinced that the world did split evenly into these four categories then I'd be more content with the end result, but I don't think that's how the results would end up. I'm mostly just disappointed because while I've always preferred Gryffindor and that's where I get sorted when I take other quizzes, I was excited to see where Rowling thought I belonged. Apparently I'm really inconsistent with my results though. I'm not sure if it's me or the quiz heh.

So yea, I'm going to end up with only one account - there's no long term use in having multiples. But if you're going to claim that this is "your true sorting" then I shouldn't get different results each time. :(
Last edited by Chadwick Cadet on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ely Granger » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm

I was sorted into Slytherin.
I wasn't surprised because even if I'm a proud badger I feel very comfortable in Slytherin :D
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------

Ophelia Cromwell
No broom

Postby Ophelia Cromwell » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:42 am

I got sorted into Hufflepuff, which was not entirely unexpected. On HOL I'm a Gryffindor, and to be honest it's completely inaccurate because I have just never been a Gryffindor. In fact, I always thought I was a Ravenclaw but when all this Pottermore sorting speculation started, I began to think that perhaps I was a Hufflepuff in denial. Turns out I was :P I'm really happy about it though, who wouldn't want to be in the house full of kind, loyal, fair and hard-working people? :D
Ophelia Cromwell|Second year|Gryffindor

Return to “Pottermore”