Pottermore! - The Sorting Hat

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Pottermore! - The Sorting Hat

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello.

My name is Tarma Black.

I've been to Pottermore -- and been Sorted.

Into Gryffindor.

:blink:

Yes, somehow the (Pottermore) Sorting Hat put me into Gryffindor. I'm sure my 'Badgerness' will corrupt most or all of the Lions, so that is good.

\o/

Thus far I have managed to melt down umpteen cauldrons, find my way to the end of book 1, and accumulate this and that of Treasures -- and actually earned over 20 points. I know that's not a lot of points, but at least I'm not at zero points anymore!

I totally LOVE Pottermore! :D
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Nina Messersmith
No broom

Postby Prof. Nina Messersmith » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:00 am

I have not been sorted yet (or recieved my welcome e-mail either) But a lot of my friends have been sorted into Hufflepuff (Including a lot of the gryffindors at HOL! I'm nervous to see which house I end up in. It feels so offical :)

Deborah Athena
No broom

Postby Deborah Athena » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:10 pm

I can't wait to get my email either. I signed up on the 3rd day. My friends all say it's like getting your Hogwarts acceptance letter after so long. I'm hoping that I'll be in Ravenclaw as well for Pottermore. It'll be quite awkward to be in two separate houses.

Enid Labs
No broom

Postby Enid Labs » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:13 pm

It's really hard for me to imagine I could be in another house than Hufflepuff. I mean, Hufflepuff is almost my home since I was eight years. :/ I'm still waiting for my welcome email u.u
Enid Labs||en602||First year Student||PPC Member||HOL Book Club Member

Life can be awful if you aren't able to see it's bright side.

Hermionie Miranda
Moontrimmer

Postby Hermionie Miranda » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm

I registered for Pottermore on day 2 and got my letter 4 days ago. I got sorted into the wonderful house of HUFFLEPUFF! My wand is an "12 1/4 Ash with Unicorn core, Unyielding". I was so happy! :D
Hufflepuff Prefect
Fel's Bag Carrier and Hufflepuff Seer *wink wink*
Avatar by Dario Sehovic, Signature made by myself

Lillian Mayhem
No broom

Postby Lillian Mayhem » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm still waiting for my welcome email, I registered on day 4, so I'm sure I'll have to wait until the end of the month... However, I'd love to get sorted into Slytherin or Ravenclaw, I will be so happy if I end in one of those two.

Demysel Whitewood
No broom

Postby Demysel Whitewood » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:38 am

I've received my welcome email on Thursday last week, and got sorted into RAVENCLAW! The best house ever! Pottermore is really interesting at first, but it isn't as much as I hope it would be. I'm quite disappointed, but not to mention I'm ungrateful, I was so happy! Many people still awaiting for their welcome emails, and I got the early access. It's like one in a million! :lol:

Sirithre Leylnn
No broom

Postby Sirithre Leylnn » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:23 am

I signed up on day 1, and was in the second batch of welcome letters.

No no one's surprise, I was sorted into Slytherin. My username is SwordWombat10.

I only got to participate in a few duels before it was taken down, but so far it's my favorite part of Pottermore. I can tell I'll be doing a lot of that once it's back up.

☆ Per cupiditas emergo adeptio.
»{With ambition comes achievement. }«

Laurie Lovegood
No broom

Postby Laurie Lovegood » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:55 am

I was hoping either Slytherin or Hufflepuff, and I ended up with Hufflepuff! ^^

~ DragonFang146

Lol.

Dean Fuaddy
No broom

Postby Dean Fuaddy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:17 am

Yesterday I open my email inbox and I found that the email arrived two days ago <_<
I finished exploring the entire book in 6 hours XD and I got into Ravenclaw yay!! And the thing is, my Pottermore wand and my HOL wand have EXACTLY the same length (12.25 inches) woot!

Yeah something about, baby You and I

Bella Coupland
No broom

Postby Bella Coupland » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:27 am

I got sorted into Slytherin!
At first I was shocked but now i'm kinda enjoying it .. I mean I'm sure I'm one of those who could of gone either way between Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

I do think they are rigging the hat though.. the numbers are WAY to even.

Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Postby Prof. Ryan Granger » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:35 pm

I completely agree with Bella, this hat's rigged.

End of Story.

I was sorted into Hufflepuff, and after reading their welcome letter, it looks like I'll be the first to be kicked out of Hufflepuff.
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|

Bella Coupland
No broom

Postby Bella Coupland » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Shame they didn't think logically enough to have a multiplier system like we have here. Then they wouldn't need to rig the hat.

Another reason why HOL > Pottermore

Chadwick Cadet
No broom

Postby Chadwick Cadet » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Yea I haven't gotten my welcome letter yet but a bunch of my RL friends have had some heated discussions about it. Either way, there's no doubt in my mind that the hat is rigged to make the numbers even between houses - sorry JK, but rumor has it that bravery/fairness/intelligence/ambition don't split up the entire world's population into fourths.

It actually really makes me mad that this is happening. It essentially means that while you could assume that *most* sortings are correct you can't be 100% sure that anyone is in the right house. The sorting was the part I was most looking forward to on pottermore and now it's not even legitimate.

I can't wait to get in so that I can immediately complain about it, heh.

Prof. Cosmo B. Mott
Comet 140

Postby Prof. Cosmo B. Mott » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Chadwick Cadet wrote:
QUOTE (Chadwick Cadet @ Sep 6 2011, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either way, there's no doubt in my mind that the hat is rigged to make the numbers even between houses - sorry JK, but rumor has it that bravery/fairness/intelligence/ambition don't split up the entire world's population into fourths.

The sorting was the part I was most looking forward to on pottermore and now it's not even legitimate.

Yeah, that part bugged me the most. Not that I hate being in Gryffindor or anything (they're cool cats, those Lions, and according to the Hufflepuff welcome letter that I saw posted on tumblr, Gryffindor is the house Hufflepuff gets along with best), but it's not me. There's an air that it's "official" because of JKR wrote the quiz, apparently, but, as I've come to be more zen about it, I've realized that JKR may know the houses really, really well, but she doesn't know me, and it's okay that her site's Sorting of me is just wrong.

Also, she wrote that the Sorting Hat is skilled in Legilimency; no matter the author, no internet test will be that.

Basically, I'm looking at it as just another internet Sorting test, just like the kinds you find posted on LiveJournal or Facebook or wherever.

The one true downside I'm finding is that, not being Sorted in the right house (or "right" house or however you want to look at it), I'm way, way less interested in earning points for the house I'm in. Then again, besides the Sorting, I was mainly interested in the new content from JKR, and I'm very happy with that.

It actually really makes me mad that this is happening. It essentially means that while you could assume that *most* sortings are correct you can't be 100% sure that anyone is in the right house.[/quote]
I think by this point, most HP fans know which house they should be in, regardless of which house they want to be in, so each person will know whether their Sorting is right or not.
"...they didn't think there was anything very odd in anyone being a little odd."
-James Hilton's Random Harvest

Lisette Westerveldt
No broom

Postby Lisette Westerveldt » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:06 am

Ditto. When I first found out about Pottermore, I got so excited about the sorting because I thought that I would finally truly be able to find out what my real house was with Rowling's quiz.

Looking at all of the quizzes I've ever taken, I've never always been sorted in one house over another. It's always been split pretty evenly across the board. I usually get sorted into Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, but there have been quite a few times where I've gotten put in Slytherin and Hufflepuff as well.. I guess I was kind of hoping that Pottermore's sorting quiz would finally end all questions and provide a real answer as to what house I would've been put in if I was hypothetically attending Hogwarts. But unfortunately, I guess not.

However, with the exception of the sorting, I'm really excited to read all the 'never-before seen' background information/content regarding the stories!! :D
-----
Lisette (Liz) Westerveldt | Ravenclaw | RQT

Elluvio Crow
No broom

Postby Elluvio Crow » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 am

I'm not sure if the Pottermore Sorting Hat is rigged, but the almost even numbers does look rather suspicious... :unsure: But then again, I was sorted into Ravenclaw there, as I was in HOL and ~every~ other online Hogwarts sorting quizz I ever did, so... there's that. Or maybe I just got lucky, I don't know :P

I'm also very happy with my wand, which is 10 3/4", hazel with phoenix feather core and surprisingly swishy! <3

I love the site, in general. Sure, there are tons of things that could be improved, but I'm mostly just happy to be given the chance to re-enter Potterverse after almost a decade of hiatus and be really excited for it again. (Actually, thanks to the TDH2 movie and Pottermore buzz, I got excited about HP again and stumbled giddily into HOL :D )

Also, I LOVE the new writings and behind-the-story thoughts Jo added here and there! \0/

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:40 pm

The Sorting Hat put me in Ravenclaw on the 26th of August. While Mr. Ollivander gave me a 10 3/4 inches Hawthorn wand with Phoenix Feather, that is "surprisingly swishy", which to me is truly amusing. :lol:

I like the site's idea, but if they make no improvements of what is at the moment, I doubt they'll see me visiting it a lot. I got bored already. *g*

Laurie Lovegood
No broom

Postby Laurie Lovegood » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Hahaa, Zoki, same. I got sorted, tried a potion, and then I was bored already. Haven't been on in days XD

Chadwick Cadet
No broom

Postby Chadwick Cadet » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:33 pm

If I hadn't been annoyed with the likelihood that the sorting wasn't fair before, I sure am now!! I was sorted into Ravenclaw! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Out of all the houses that was the last one I would have put myself in. >.>

Rubbish (and that would not be my word of choice if we weren't on HOL). That being said the graphics are pretty sweet! haha. Although I'm definitely going to try the quiz again when another one of my accounts goes through heh.

Return to “Pottermore”