Pottermore! - The Sorting Hat

Moderator: Arianna Stonewater

Alice Gistrene
No broom

Postby Alice Gistrene » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:22 am

I was sorted into Gryffindor. Well, I love it!

Marcie Hobber
No broom

Postby Marcie Hobber » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:10 pm

I was finally allowed in to Pottermore!! I got sorted into Hufflepuff there as well, which I'm quite happy about. :)

Avatar made by Jasmin at the Sig 'n' Av Palace
Signature made by Sirius Fudge
"Let's all just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best."

Eleanor Chambers
Oakshaft 79

Postby Eleanor Chambers » Thu May 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Gryffindor. That's all I'm ever sorted into. Not complaining, though. :)
`[color=goldenrod],'.
[color=996633]/[/color] ELLA|[/color]| Gryffindor| Fourth Year |

Prof. Iruel Riddle
Oakshaft 79

Postby Prof. Iruel Riddle » Sun May 27, 2012 8:44 pm

I somehow got sorted into Ravenclaw. Not that there's anything wrong with Ravenclaw, but I consider myself a Slytherin, as does every other quiz I've ever taken. I've never felt I match their qualities (minus creativity), but since we only get one account, I'm stuck, I guess. I've heard it was rigged based on how many were in each house at the time of sorting(and the fact that there were less Ravenclaws at the time I was sorted doesn't help), but that's only a rumor. One I hope is never proven true. :( .
I can't say I'm entirely uncomfortable, though--I do have at least one thing in common with them. That's more than two of the houses. :)
Prof. Iruel Riddle|pr_rid|Slytherin

"You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And, each in your season returns and returns, and is always the same.."
-Javert, Stars, Les Miserables

Jade Noir
No broom

Postby Jade Noir » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:30 pm

I got sorted into Hufflepuff...Which could make sense considering that like several students, I have qualities of two houses.

But I am also in agreement on the rumor that the JK sorting hat, while having the ability to be the most accurate, may also be fixed to make the houses equal.

>.> <.< Go Ravenclaw ^_^

Ramona Kirkwood
No broom

Postby Ramona Kirkwood » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:37 pm

I was sorted into Slytherin. At first, I was horrified, I'm not gonna deny that. But I didn't hate it so much that I was begging to be changed. After a while, I sort of grew into it and found that despite it's reputation in the books, Slytherin isn't actually as bad as it's made out to be. Even so, my favourite house is and always will be Ravenclaw.

Jonathan Rico
No broom

Postby Jonathan Rico » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:13 am

The Pottermore Hat sorted into Slytherin, which totally caught me off guard. I was a little irritated at first, but I got over it eventually. I expected either Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, but never Slytherin. I was never really ambitious or cunning enough, really- but, not all Slytherins are. I'dunno... maybe they really should consider making a Hat Stall or something...
Jonathan Rico | jo413 | Gryffindor
Thank you for the borderline amazing avatar, Taelin!

Alice Dove
No broom

Postby Alice Dove » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:43 pm

In Pottermore I was sorted in Slytherin. I've never really been the Slytherin type and thought I'd probably be sorted in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor . I was a bit upset but I've grown into it.
Last edited by Alice Dove on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astra Holt
No broom

Postby Astra Holt » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 am

I think part of the problem with Pottermore sorting is that we, unlike new students arriving at Hogwarts for the first time, have chosen, or been sorted into, our houses and have had years to build an affinity for our house and its members. So now, being told, "No, THIS is your House" is jarring, making some people feel that they have been forcibly taken from their "family".

It is a difficult situation. Some people will always want to get sorted, as it is part of starting Hogwarts life. Those people will deal with the results if they aren't what one expected. There are others who "know" where they belong, and are so firmly entrenched in their house that they would prefer to remain where they "lived" when experiencing the Wizarding World for the first time.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -G. Marx

Demelza Westwood
No broom

Postby Demelza Westwood » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:54 pm

I was sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore way before I joined HOL (I received my welcome email in August last year) so it wasn't as if I was "losing my family" here. That was the house that I expected to be sorted into anyway, so I'm quite happy. Unfortunately, hardly any of the beta users are on Pottermore anymore. :(

Rory Devaney
No broom

Postby Rory Devaney » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:06 am

In Pottermore I am a Slytherin also
13 1/2 inches, Ebony, Fairy Wing
"There is nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose, nothing to live for, and nothing to prove."
"Ní bhíonn chuile fhánaí ar strae"

Mikel Ace
No broom

Postby Mikel Ace » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:41 am

Im in Pottermore - I am a Gryffindor, i was mad at first because i wanted to become a Slytherin, but oh well :)

Lorie Ellison
No broom

Postby Lorie Ellison » Tue May 20, 2014 1:12 pm

I was sorted into Slytherin the 2nd day that I got the Hogwarts letter. ^_^

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:55 pm

I've been put into Slytherin, the complete opposite of Gryffindor... I believe Gryffindor is more my place than Slytherin, but okay... Pottermore still rules! :)

Caroline A. Miguel
No broom

Postby Caroline A. Miguel » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:09 pm

I remember being surprised that I got sorted into Hufflepuff.
Caroline Alexandra Miguel

Lilly Anderson
No broom

Postby Lilly Anderson » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 pm

I was sorted in to Hufflepuff, but had always thought I was a Ravenclaw till that point. I ignored the site for a week then did a ton of research realized that Hufflepuff is an awesome house and was very much hoping to be a Hufflepuff when I joined HOL, and I am! :D
Thanks Scarlet!
*hugs*

Lilith DiAngelo
No broom

Postby Lilith DiAngelo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:19 pm

I joined Pottermore before I joined HOL and the Sorting Hat put me in Ravenclaw there too. Apparently I'm just spewing blue and bronze thoughts! I was happy with that, although maybe back then a tiny part of me was hoping I'd end up with the Badgers. Even then though, I knew that Ravenclaw was the house I most identified with and it would be odd to end up anywhere else.

Return to “Pottermore”