Quidditch Pickups: Future Scheduling

Moderators: Quidditch Captain, Quidditch Board

Will Lestrange
Silver Arrow

Quidditch Pickups: Future Scheduling

Postby Will Lestrange » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:42 am

Our Sunday evening Quidditch pickup matches have been fairly successful so far. However, we've heard from some people who would love to participate but find the timing too early/too late/otherwise not quite working out for them.

As such, let's invite everyone to comment here: if you're interested in playing pickup games of Quidditch, what days and times work best for you? (Make sure to use HOL time!)

For me: on weekdays I prefer playing at around 3-5 AM HOL; on weekends I'm more flexible but times before around 5 PM HOL will almost never work for me.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: Quidditch Pickups: Future Scheduling

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:02 am

Usually the soonest I know to be able to be online is 2 am HOL time. (That is 6 pm the previous day for me - Pacific time.) I'd prefer 2:30 am or 3 am HOL time -- but if I know in advance I could try for 2 am HOL.

That's it for the most of the week. No guarantees I'd be there all the time, but at least it's a time that I'm most likely online or close to the computer.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:25 pm

12am-3am HOL time works best for me generally, it's just been a really busy month for me!

If I know in enough time I could also probably do 8pm-12am HOL time as well

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:01 am

Generally between 6pm and 3am HOL time works best for me. If I know in advance and can work it out with work, it can be pushed some - since I would love to participate, but seeing as I am one hour ahead of HOL time it's pushing it otherwise. At the moment I can also work it out during the daytime hours. In that case it's between 10am and 3am HOL time, but that won't be a permanent possibility for me, but is at the moment.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Patrick James
No broom

Postby Patrick James » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:04 pm

I'd prefer around 2:30-3 am HOL time on Fridays/Saturdays (sometimes Sundays). Otherwise any time around 12pm-2pm HOL time (Living in a very unfavourable timezone is sad :( )

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:06 pm

6-10 HOL PM anything is best. Though later times are appreciated here. Can't do between 1 AM - 9 AM HOL most of the times.
Thank you Dario!

Meredith Malkins
No broom

Postby Meredith Malkins » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:33 pm

HOL time 6pm until 3am, with a tiny preference of between 9pm and 11pm, and a larger preference for Fridays and Saturdays. Otherwise I'll just turn up whenever I can.

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:46 am

Best times for me is Sundays or Wednesdays 7am-3pm hol time. However if I'm reminded that there is a game happening I can try to be flexible.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:59 pm

On weekends, I can do 6 pm HOL time on to 9 pm HOL and then 10 (or 11) pm HOL on through to next HOL day of 5 am. If I know in advance ...

We might be able to get more European folks if we do it 'earlier' in the HOL evening on the weekends?

During the week (Monday - Friday), usually the soonest I know to be able to be online is 2 am HOL time. (That is 6 pm the previous day for me - Pacific time.) I'd prefer 2:30 am or 3 am HOL time -- but if I know in advance I could try for 2 am HOL.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Quidditch Talk”