NAPs - Weekly Pickups

Moderators: Quidditch Captain, Quidditch Board

Prof. Cody Lewis
Silver Arrow

NAPs - Weekly Pickups

Postby Prof. Cody Lewis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Every year, the Summer Quidditch League shows that there is interest in Quidditch that extends beyond house teams. Newbies and oldbies show up and fall in love with the game. Seekers play Quaffle and just about everyone tries their hand at catching Snitches. A lot of people just want to play for fun.

We can do more to serve the people who want to play Quidditch more casually.

The Quidditch Board will be hosting NAPs – weekly pickup games open to members of all houses regardless of their Quidditch background. But just to be clear, this is Not Another Pickup. This is an opportunity to meet new people, learn a little bit more about the game, and have some good, clean fun!

This year, NAPs will be held in #quidditch (in the HOL Chatrooms) every Saturday at 10 PM HOL time. Game days might run a little late, so grab some popcorn and watch your favorite Quidditch players in action before we begin! The full schedule can be viewed below. Please note that all dates and times are subject to change.

2015-16 HOL Quidditch Calendar
Next NAP: January 9th, 10 PM

Depending on how many people show up, we could potentially have entire games with full lineups and Seeking. To ensure the best possible Quidditch experience, make sure you invite all your friends!

If you have any questions, please direct them to Prof. Cody Lewis. Alternatively, you can also send an e-mail to the Quidditch Board. See you on the Quidditch pitch!
Last edited by Prof. Cody Lewis on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Comet 180

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Seeking in NAPs

We've been getting good turnouts for NAPs, so I want to mention that there is the option to have Seeking.

If you plan to attend any future NAPs and want to seek, let me know so I can have a puzzle ready. Make sure you get there on time! We don't want to delay Quaffle.

If you have an opponent in mind, tell me that too. If not, I'll ask around. (If you want to play me, I'll have to find a ref and a puzzle, so definitely tell me ahead of time.)

However, if we don't have enough people for Quaffle (at least 3v3), there won't be Seeking, so make sure you tell people to come play in NAPs!
Last edited by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: NAPs - Weekly Pickups

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:07 am

*BUMP*

Come to NAPs! Last week we played HORSE with a PIG. It was great fun for everyone as they got kicked out of the game ... No, truly it was fun. ^_^

Saturday, 10 pm HOL time. #quidditch

See Cody's edit on his post (above) for more details.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Quidditch Talk”