Dst Time Mess

Moderators: Quidditch Captain, Quidditch Board

Prof. Maya Winters
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Maya Winters » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Mk, this is probably a very easily answered question but seeing as I imagine a number of people aren't going to be sure about this, I figured I'd post to ask instead.

From today until March 29th the US and European time differences will be different to usual due to silly DST. Seeing as SQT vs RQT is currently scheduled for March 21 in the middle of this period, I wanted to confirm whether HOL time moves with Europe or with the US?

Seeing as for most of the year HOL time = UK time and UK time hasn't changed, it would seem sensible to assume that HOL time will switch with the European countries. However, as this affects the hour of the game and possibly whether certain people can/can't make it etc, I figured it'd be best to clear it up well in advance for the sake of QB, the refs and both teams!

Doesn't really bother me what the answer is, or if the answer's right really, as long as I know what time the game will be XD
Thanks to Dario for providing me with the shiny butterflies for my sig/av ^^

Prof. Ulol Kimil
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Ulol Kimil » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:15 pm

HOL time = UK time.

Right now the HOL clock in the main page is wrong as HOL is hosted in a canadian eh server and so it is an hour ahead.

So this means that for next game the 21st os March, the game will be held an hour "late" for Canada and USA.

Other countries may change in different dates. Mexico will do on April 5th, for example.
Last edited by Prof. Ulol Kimil on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life without books is death...

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge

Prof. Cosmo B. Mott
Cleansweep One

Postby Prof. Cosmo B. Mott » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 pm

For everyone's general edification, I've found the Fixed Time World Clock (just Google it) to be particularly helpful in situations like this. You select a month, day, year, time, and time zone, and it provides of huge list of, like, a frajillion cities and their local times. That list can be sorted by city name, country, or time zone, to help you find your time.

I usually go with UK - London time, as I like to have it pinpointed to a place. It makes these international HOL meetings much easier to figure out.

PS: Actually, Ulol, this time around, the game will be an hour later for the folks in the US and Canada. We've sprung forward an hour, taking away one of those hours of difference between us and London. Pesky time math.
"...they didn't think there was anything very odd in anyone being a little odd."
-James Hilton's Random Harvest

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:20 am

*BUMP*

Every year around this time of year, someone will wonder when the game happens so we're bumping this topic!

Everyone please reference the edited BLOG POST at the Entrance Hall.

There you will find a nifty chart to tell you when the game on March 15th takes place!
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: Dst Time Mess

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:47 am

Cosmo fixed something for everyone for the game this weekend --

She made an event time announcement/finder link for it: CLICK
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Quidditch Talk”