Introductions!

Class led by Prof. Zenix James

Moderator: Prof. Zenix James

Prof. Zenix James
Moontrimmer

Introductions!

Postby Prof. Zenix James » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Welcome! So, this is where you're going to introduce yourself for assignment one. Just tell us a little bit about you and what you are into around HOL. Maybe some of the other classes you're taking.

I'll re-introduce myself to start off.

Obviously, my name is Zenix. My name generally has some gender confusion, so, to clear it up, I am a girl. I am a very old Gryffindor. This will be my...13th year on HOL and in Gryffindor, and I very much love and enjoy this site, especially the people. This is the only class I'm teaching currently, however there is actually a sister class to this one that is already written, which will probably appear for the Spring term. I've been on a little break from this place, but I'm back and, hopefully, better than ever. I look forward to meeting you all!

And my lovely class assistant, Kim Alting, will be posting her introduction when she has a hot minute to do so.

Your turn!
Born This Way| Music <3|Book Lover

Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo.

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Re: Introductions!

Postby Kim Alting » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 pm

I have the great honor of being Zenix's assistant for this wonderful class! I joined HOL in 2014, and I am currently the Head Prefect of Gryffindor, and co-leader of HOLLERS. I too, like Zenix, have a great sense of humor, and I can be a little sarcastic. Above all, I'm friendly and always willing to help people out! Don't be afraid to ask questions!

In real life, I have a master's degree in Pharmacy. I graduated in the Summer of 2017, and now have a full-time job at the National Pharmacovigilance Centre. It's also why Potions and Herbology are my favorite classes in the Wizarding World.

I hope we'll have a great term together, and you'll learn to look at things differently from taking this class.

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Postby Sky Alton » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi, another proud lion here. :D

I'm Sky and I've been a HOLer since 2013. As well as being a Gryffindor prefect and getting under Kim's feet like an over excited puppy, I help run the Hol Bookclub. I also maintain a semi-permanent (read: obsessive) residency in the Hol chat (I'm the one in the corner with the sleeping bag and marshmallows).

This year I'm starting my OWLs (gulp) and also teaching my own class for the first time. We'll see how that goes! In real life, I'm about to begin my Master's degree in Writing.

I was drawn to this class primarily because I find the issues it raises truly fascinating and haven't encountered anything like it before....but not going to lie, Zenix's sense of humour was a massive contributing factor.
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Postby Marie Dark » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:58 am

Greetings and Salutations Everyone!!!!
I too am a Proud Lioness... :D Rawrr!!
I came back to HOL after a long break and I am looking forward to making new friends and learning new things. My family and friends are starting to join HOL... (jumping up and down yelling "Woooo-Hoooo!") I currently work for a Humongous "Amazing" (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge) Muggle Factory, and what I do is pick items that people order on this Innovative, Muggle, Internet Network. hahahahaha So in a small sense, I am like an elf, but not a house elf; more like a Christmas elf that works all year long. I am taking this class because I work with so many muggles and I see how the magical world and muggles do collide a lot. So, I am interested to learn ways to handle slippery situations and just learn a subject that intrigues me. So far, Everyone here has been extremely nice and helpful and I too have probably got underfoot of Sky like she mentioned to another.... hahahahaha Can't wait to get to know everyone here in class and do some of the discussions. I am currently also taking Defense Against the Dark Arts, Dragons, and Animagus 101. I may take up one more class because I see Gryffindors are a few points behind for second place but I'd like to be first. :rolleyes: (Hoping I can earn more points for Gryffindor because my hubby is in Ravenclaw :lol: )

Return to “When Muggles and Magic Collide”