POTIONS FOR BEGINNERS HELPFUL IDEAS

Class led by Prof. Kath Snape

Moderator: Prof. Kath Snape

Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

POTIONS FOR BEGINNERS HELPFUL IDEAS

Postby Prof. Kath Snape » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Welcome to POTIONS FOR BEGINNERS AUTUMN/SPRING TERMS HELPFUL IDEAS! :)

This thread is set up to offer you help with any problems your having with the POTIONS FOR BEGINNERS Class as well as inviting you to post questions you may have.

IMPORTANT - I have written a couple suggestions below concerning my ways of tackling SCRAMBLED WORDS and how to do WORD SEARCHES, so it might be worth your time to read my ideas below to try to help yourself when your challenged by these tricky class assignments.

Please feel free to post here, any questions or concerns you might have pertaining to the Potions For Beginners Class.

SCRAMBLED WORDS AND WORD SEARCHES

Hi POTION FOR BEGINNER STUDENTS :D

The SCRAMBLED WORDS are not nearly as hard as you might think. Yeah yeah I know :blink: , but it is a matter of going about it in a special way that might help.

I have always used paper and pencil and then wrote down each scrambled word/s letters and then I COUNT THEM to see how many letters there are in the word. Next I would see if there were DOUBLED LETTERS or MORE (example - two/three M's or two/three S's). I especially look for STRANGE LETTERS (example - Q - Y - X - Z). So if a word had 10 letters and two A's and three T's, I would look for a word throughout the lesson that FIRST had the letters I needed and then count up how many letters the word had.
If the words DO NOT have the letters I need I IGNORE them and continue on.
This does TAKE TIME AND PATIENCE, so you must not get discouraged. :)

NOW ------

WORD SEARCHES are a challenge, tricky and they TAKE TIME. I have spent DAYS on my homework ones too.

FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT I usually use a RULER to help me. I would place the ruler next to the line (going up and down), under (looking left to right or right to left) or diagonal (both left and right).

Take your time and remember words can go left to right - right to left - up and down and diagonal. The key is always to try and find something that looks like a normal word first, like witch, cauldron, broom, potion etc. Then look on either side of that small word to see if there is more to it!

For EXAMPLE - You found the word POTION - - this could be BOILCUREPOTION (Boil Cure Potion) and not just the word potion.

Good Luck and hope My suggestions are helpful. :D
Prof. Kath Snape - Teacher of Potions For Beginners & Advanced Potion Making

WE WILL ONLY DISCOVER EXCELLENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HARD WORK!!

HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD OF IT

WAND - 8.50" Oak and Phoenix Feather

Return to “Potions For Beginners”