Anime Fans

Discuss TV Show Here
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Anime Fans

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:03 am

I recently started watching some anime while I was studying and because I needed a break for my mind. I watched a show quite some time ago called Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood which I really loved. More recently, I watched Fruits Basket. I'm not as up to date on a lot of the anime out there, so I was curious. Do any of you watch anime? Do you have some favorite anime that you would recommend for a newcomer to watch? Because I watch it while doing other things, I only watch dubs, but I suppose that's a completely other discussion starter as I know some people swear by subbed anime only and others don't really care.

Thoughts? Awesome shows I should know about? Post below!
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Pavel Lagrange
No broom

Re: Anime Fans

Post by Pavel Lagrange » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:14 pm

I LOVE anime!

To start with I'd go with One Punch Man, definitely my favourite and it's sooo funny. Plus only 12 or so episodes so easy to get through it all. Other than that Attack on Titan is amazing, and with such a great story where you literally never have any idea what's going to happen next.
Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 am

I was introduced to anime in high school and I became an addict.

I watch shows that end up being long series lol. My favorite anime of ALL time is INUYASHA! I am in love. I also love Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragonball Z, and Ranma 1/2. For short animes, I love Hellsing and I My Me Strawberry Eggs.
Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Post by Aurelia West » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:50 pm

I also started watching more anime during high school and I've definitely accumulated a few favorites, though I still haven't watched many of the classics which I plan on rectifying soon.

Angel Beats! takes place in the afterlife and it was pretty interesting though somewhat rushed towards the end of its 13 episodes. Silver Spoon is by the the same mangaka who did Fullmetal Alchemist, and the characters are all just as lovable. It takes place in a completely different setting though and focuses on a guy who decides to go to an agricultural high school. There are two seasons of it, and I definitely think it gets better as it goes on. Noragami is about a minor god trying to get people to worship him, so has supernatural elements, and the relationships of the main characters are wonderful. There's also a second season entitled Noragami Aragoto. Your Lie in April is a real tearjerker but it's told really well and the characters are great. It focuses on a piano player regaining the strength to play again after avoiding it for two years. Soul Eater is about people who can change their bodies into weapons and the main characters all attend school to improve their skills. It was one of the first anime I ever watched so I have some fond memories. Most of these are available on Netflix and all of them are on Crunchyroll.

Lastly, I'm going to be one of those people who recommends something they haven't finished yet, but March Comes in Like a Lion is honestly so good. The plot is fairly standard; the main character is a professional shogi player who lives on his own at the age of 17 and would be a loner if not for this family of three sisters who give him a place to call home. The music and art is absolutely beautiful and I can't help but love all of the characters. It also has two seasons out so far, but I haven't finished the second.

Return to “TV Talk”