Outlander

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Ariella McManus

Gail Allen
No broom

Outlander

Postby Gail Allen » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:54 am

I am amazed that no one has made a thread about this show yet.
I've recently finished watching it and I was completely blown away. Not only is the story beautifully composed, it's also one of the most believable time-travel scenarios I've seen. It makes it seem true. And it also manages to put a lot of information and a lot of 'happening' into each episode without it feeling crammed or rushed. I feel that's a real skill on the part of the director. I also heard that it stayed pretty close to the source material, which I like. I am going to read the books now and it really made me interested in Scotland and their history. Very good show.
I also found that I like the villain even. I mean, I hated him to bits of course, but I loved it when he was there, because he was never dull or predictable.

Has anyone else watched it? (surely there must be many XD )
Did you like it? What did you like best/least?

Ashley Margaret
Silver Arrow

Re: Outlander

Postby Ashley Margaret » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:29 pm

I've watched every single episode at least 3 times and I'm almost done with the fourth book. The first season followed the first book extremely well. I can only count on one hand the number of larger differences that I remember and I completely understand why they were done to make it work for television. The changes were well done and I'm not upset about them at all. I feel like the second season deviated from the book a lot more than the first season did, but I was still extremely happy with it. So much dialogue from the books has made it into the show, which makes me SO incredibly happy!

Jamie Fraser / Sam Heughan is <3 I started a Jamie Fraser Appreciation Club in Ravenclaw and love to post gifs of him from the show to my friends all the time!
Ashley Margaret :: 7th Year :: RQT <3

Return to “TV Talk”