The Shannara Chronicles

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Sky Alton

Ashley Margaret
Silver Arrow

The Shannara Chronicles

Postby Ashley Margaret » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:41 pm

I've wanted to watch The Shannara Chronicles since I saw the previews for it. This new fantasy series on MTV seemed just up my alley. The show chronicles the journey of three young people who go on a quest to protect the Ellcrys, an ancient tree that locked up all the demons after the War of the Races, and to prevent the banished demons from being released.

I've recently finished marathoning the series thus far and now I don't know what I'm going to do, having to wait a week for the next episode. (Marathoning shows is always better - you don't have to wait to continue watching.) Does anyone else watch this show? I don't know of anyone who does and I'd love to discuss it with someone.

I've also thought about reading the books. The series is an adaptation of the Shannara series by Terry Brooks. Has anyone read them? I'm guessing they're probably better than the show...? (Since that's typically what always happens.)
Ashley Margaret :: 7th Year :: RQT <3

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Re: The Shannara Chronicles

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:55 pm

My husband and I just watched this on Netflix. I have never read the books, but if they follow the trend of the books being better I may have to read them, because I LOVED the show. It was very well directed, and I felt that they reasonably covered issues other dystopian shows have failed at. Did you ever end up reading the books?

Ashley Margaret
Silver Arrow

Re: The Shannara Chronicles

Postby Ashley Margaret » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:30 pm

Arianna Stonewater wrote:My husband and I just watched this on Netflix. I have never read the books, but if they follow the trend of the books being better I may have to read them, because I LOVED the show. It was very well directed, and I felt that they reasonably covered issues other dystopian shows have failed at. Did you ever end up reading the books?

I feel like I've heard that the show differed quite a bit from the books, but I may be wrong. I still haven't gotten around to reading them! I'm kind of waiting for someone else to be a guinea pig and let me know if I should.
Ashley Margaret :: 7th Year :: RQT <3

Return to “TV Talk”