Fear the Walking Dead

Discuss TV Show Here
Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Fear the Walking Dead

Post by Limine Snidget » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:51 pm

This past Sunday the companion series to the hit zombie show The Walking Dead premiered on AMC. Fear the Walking Dead is a spin-off and prequel series to The Walking Dead and shows us how the zombie apocalypse began (something I have definitely been curious about for awhile now). Were you one of the 10.1 million viewers that helped the show become the number 1 rated cable series launch on record?

I will admit I was very weary of the concept of watching a show about a zombie apocalypse when I began marathoning to catch up with The Walking Dead a year or so ago. However, I soon became hooked and am totally a Daryl fangirl. Unfortunately I was really busy with lesson planning Sunday night so I was slightly distracted and will definitely have to watch it again to fully appreciate it. However, I wanted to know everyone's opinion on the show! Did you watch the premiere? What did you think? Do you watch The Walking Dead and like the idea that they are doing a prequel spin-off? Or do you just absolutely hate watching zombie shows?
Kim Alting
Comet 140

Re: Fear the Walking Dead

Post by Kim Alting » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:43 pm

I am a huge Daryl fan too, and like you I was really curious on how the apocalypse all started.
BUT, even though I watched the pilot of Fear the Walking Dead, I am not convinced yet.
I don't like spin-offs that often... <_<
Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Post by Matilde Rayne » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:21 am

Okay, so... my first organic chemistry professor, who I had for a year so we talked quite a bit, was a huge fan of The Walking Dead, so after months of hearing about it (I swear, it came up almost every time I talked with him), I finally started watching the show. I made it through the first two seasons pretty quickly, but after starting on the third, I sort of trailed off... not for lack of interest because I really like the show, I just don't really watch much television? The last episode I watched was from the beginning of the fourth season, I think, so I still have a quite a bit to go.

So I'm kind of curious about Fear the Walking Dead as a prequel - like, is it something I can watch as it airs, while I work on catching up with the main series, or would it be better to avoid it until I do catch up?
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:16 pm

My main beef, with both shows basically, is how the focus goes mostly toward drama between the cast than actual zombie-related happenings. Of course a show can't survive for years solely on zombie scenes, but I do enjoy their adventures and dreadful happenings more than the casual fireside or kitchen talks. They do help with character development at times, but other times I feel I'm watching an episode of the Desperate Housewives.

My interest for the Walking Dead declined over time because of this. I got excited about Fear the Walking Dead as I thought it'll dive in the whole "jeez everyone's turning into a zombie!" thing more than its predecessor. So far I think I like it. Not sure if I'll like it more than the Walking Dead as I have a few characters over there I really love (Daryl, Carol, Glenn, etc.), but the plot seems to be going in a promising direction.

Return to “TV Talk”