As Good As New

Discuss TV Show Here
Sky Alton
Comet 140

As Good As New

Post by Sky Alton » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:34 pm

A friend was telling me last night about how she hadn’t watched House MD in around 10 years but randomly decided to revisit season 1 last year. She’d not watched it in so long that it was more akin to watching a show for the first time. This is something I’ve found with the crime shows I enjoy: if I leave them for long enough, my memories of the plot points will fade and I can still be surprised.

Have you ever done this with a show? Did it live up to your memory of it or had you forgotten sufficiently for it to be a fresh experience? Perhaps you came back to a TV show you didn’t like that much and found it better than you expected?
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)
Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Re: As Good As New

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:46 pm

I usually re-read good books, but I rarely do it with movies or TV-shows. Mostly I watch movies so when there is a movie that I like on the TV-programm, then there is a possibility that I will watch it again. But this happens only if I do not have anything else to watch.
For TV-shows I rarely watch them, because I have my free time very different every day and some days I can't watch anything. But for the tv-shows that I have already watched I usually do not re-watch them. I mostly remember the storyline, because I watch only fantasy tv-shows and these are easy to remember.

Return to “TV Talk”