Orphan Black?

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Sky Alton

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Orphan Black?

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Please tell me I'm not the only HOler obsessed with this show!

Season 3 just ended and I've been dying to find someone to discuss with. Is anyone else at that point?? What was your favorite part of the finale? Any theories for next season?? Or if you're on an earlier season, what do you think so far? Do you have a favorite clone?

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it - I think I would call it my favorite show right now! If you've heard of that show where one actress plays over 9 characters, this is it! and it's unbelievable. I don't even know how to describe it- it deals with human cloning, identity, science ethics, MURDER, family... You really just have to watch! there's only 30 episodes right now so you're not too far behind!

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Re: Orphan Black?

Postby Ariella McManus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Okay, you have me convinced. I think I'll give this one a try.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Postby Matilde Rayne » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:52 pm

I've considered watching for a while now, I'm just horrible at actually getting started with watching things.

But Orphan Black is now third on my list of things to watch, right behind Sherlock (lest I risk Kai's disapproval <<).

Prof. Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Fumei Spookie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:39 pm

DON'T WATCH SHERLOCK! You will get hooked on it, get disappointed when it takes YEARS for the NEXT 3 EPISODE airs and then have to wait some more years (btw you will love that)

But for Orphan black I have never watched that one before. Maybe I should put it on my list of things to watch, it sounds interesting enough <3

Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Limine Snidget » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:40 pm

(YES WATCH SHERLOCK. IT'S WORTH THE WAIT.)

This almost has me convinced to go watch Orphan Black now... I guess I'll add it onto my neverending list of shows to watch!
Ashley Margaret :: 7th Year :: RQT <3

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Postby Ariella McManus » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:55 am

(Sherlock is DEFINITELY worth the wait)

And..I'll be starting Orphan Black this week if all goes well.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:04 am

Ooo maybe I should think about watching Sherlock!

Ariella if you do start Orphan Black, let me know what you think!!

Mattie, Fumei and Ashley - you would LOVE It!! It definitely deserves to be bumped up on your lists!

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:21 am

I freaking love Orphan Black. The best part is the actress is so great you can actually differentiate the clones even when they look completely the same or pretending to be one another. xD It's weird, but awesome.

For a favorite clone I'd have to pick Helena, her silly talk gets me cracking every time she's on the screen. Right behind her would be Cosima, who's just so smart but chill and fun, and Alison who made a complete turn from a harsh soccer mom to... things I would have never imagined her do (don't want to spoil it for folks too :P). I'd share some favorite lines but I don't want to spoil things for people who have not watched it.

The best part is I can say the show got better and better with each season. When the new male 'counterpart' plot was introduced, I had some issues adapting to the new plot and was worried they had ruined the show for me. But all is great again, I just need more episodes. And mangos!! :D

Scene-wise I love them all, but my favorite ones are those which include multiple clones, whether the dance party or the dinner. It's awesome seeing the same actress portraying completely different people on the same screen.

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:08 pm

OMG YES FINALLY I HAVE A FRIEND!

My favorite parts are the clone swaps! There were a few in the first season or two where I didn't realize at first, but then when you go back and watch again, you can see how she was like not quite Sarah, she was someone else's version of her, but like the whole time she's Tatiana and it's just so impressive. Lately I don't think there've been any "surprise, that wasn't actually Sarah!" ones, but they're still such cool scenes! Tatiana is just so talented...I've watched interviews with her and been like "aren't they going to have some of the other clones on? oh wait..."

I love the dance party and dinner scenes too! And the baby shower! I can't imagine how long it must take to film those. Another personal favorite is...I've seen it referred to as "Twerking with the Hendrixes". All of those scenes are ones I go back and watch over and over again haha.

Helena is one of my favorites too! I don't want to give things away but I really loved some of her moments in the last episode! All of the characters are fantastic though, and it's awesome how they sort of seem like these stereotypical characters at first (the suburban soccer mom, the science nerd, etc.) but really develop into unique, complex personas.

I agree - each season has gotten better and better! It's always so long to wait until the next one - I started watching while the second was still going, and after it finished I watched both seasons again with my parents, so I didn't have too long until the third season after that. It's going to be a really long wait until next spring!

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Lol I loved the 'twerking' scene as well. I'm guessing it's really tiring and stressful to shoot the same scene over and over again, but portraying different characters all the time. Personally I think that would drive me crazy so I have all the respect in the world for Tatiana. I'm so happy to hear she was finally nominated for an Emmy award for Orphan Black!

I don't suppose she'll win, that sounds too good, but still I'm just glad they're no longer overlooking her amazing work. I'll got sit in my corner and wait for next season not-so-patiently. xD

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:21 pm

I was so excited to see Tatiana nominated too!! I would love her to win but I guess we'll have to see what happens haha. She definitely puts a lot into it and I'm glad she's finally getting recognition as well!

Did you see the blooper real they recently put out? I wish it was longer haha but it was so cute!

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:50 pm

I didn't about that one but just watched it now. It's awesome! :D But agreed it felt rather short, we need more than 3-4 minutes.

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Did anyone watch the finale??

All the spoilers below, so if you haven't seen it yet come back when you have!

It was a lot more heartwarming than I was expecting. I half thought everyone was going to end up dead. I loved seeing Art and Helena work as a team!

I didn't really like Allison's new look / persona. It doesn't really feel like her and she just kind of seems like another clone. For awhile I was convinced she was going to be revealed to be an imposter.

Rachel :'( I wanted her to be part of the sisters too!

200-something clones? On the one hand, I guess it wouldn't make sense to do an experiment on such a small sample size as like 10, but on the other hand, with so many clones, it's hard to believe how much attention Sarah et al got. Maybe since Sarah had been missing, she was more well known?

I wanted Helena's boyfriend to make another appearance! I loved seeing her as a mother though. I thought it would have been cute for her kids to actually be named orange and purple XD it was so awesome to finally have the baby shower for real!

Cal! Whatever happened to him? It would have been nice to have more there too.

I also would have liked to see some resolution on like what happened legallly with everything.

I think it was a surprising episode overall, but a really nice conclusion to my favorite show :'(

Return to “TV Talk”