Welcome to Charms

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Welcome to Charms

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:44 am

Welcome to Charms.

I am Professor Tarma Amelia Black, and I am still teaching Professor Ulol Kimil's class. (The last I heard he was off with Mr. Scamander and trying to race help out some hippogriffs in the Black Forest.) Charms was originally taught by Professor Olivia Rictusempra and Professor Fluffy Pink Slipper got it from her. I'm place-holding it for him while he's off trying to figure out how to tame those sweet little creatures.

Sirius Fudge is my Class Assistant, and will also be someone who is watching out for fractious spells and charms and jinxes.

We'll start out gentle with the lessons but by the end of the Term, if you survive, you will also have an awareness of the Unforgivable Curses. You need to know what you might encounter ...

In addition to earning a Quill when you complete 3 of the 4 assignments AND the final exam with no less than 150 points you might earn an Award!

The Advanced Matchstick Award
This award celebrates those people who earned the full 300 points possible in the class.

The Matchstick Award - Image
This award celebrates those people who earned a lot of points (at least 250), including those of the Term exam.

Good luck and I hope you survive the class!

Tarma
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Re: Welcome to Charms

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:45 am

Posting as Andy St. James, my ghost:

The Charms Classroom is my favorite classroom. Although I never got to attend Hogwarts, my dad worked here and he used to teach Charms. I have always been amazed by the power of the wands and the great variety of Charms that exist. I'm sad that I could never had a chance to get my wand, but if I had had it I'm sure I would be very good at Charms. This place reminds me of my dad quite a lot so now as a ghost I like to visit it at night and feel all the bits of magic that are left after students have been practicing their spells. The current Professor, Prof. Tarma seems like a really nice person. I would like to meet her but I don't want to scare her. In the meantime I will contine visiting the classroom and remembering my father.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: Welcome to Charms

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi everyone!

Charms IS open for signups.

I've just closed the Charms signup that you can click from the Main HOL page.

If you want to join the class, please send me an HOL Message - topic Charms Signup. I need to arrange for extensions, on an individual basis, for the assignments due at the end of each month since the beginning of Term.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Charms”