Wand-making - Questions?

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Nimbus 2001

Wand-making - Questions?

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:23 am

Do you have questions about Wand-making? Ask here!

Or, if you are lacking buttocks because you carried your wand in your back pocket, and want to ask how to fix it in a less public place, please send me a HOL PM.
*Siggy and Avatar from The Princess Bride*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....STILL."~Xaris

Katya Snow
No broom

Re: Wand-making - Questions?

Postby Katya Snow » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:22 pm

So,i'm working on Lesson one and i'm having a ton of fun already but i've hit a snag! the Extra credit points are rather throwing me for a loop. i know literally, nothing about Shakespeare and the google is failing me immensely. i've never been very good at the google to begin with bt all my attempts to find a Shakespearean wizard who had his staff snapped has failed all save one, prosporo but he didn't so much have it snapped or discard it as completely give it up! which i guess counts on a technicality.

could i maybe do two harry potter characters and a Tolkein character or does it have to be one of three each? could i ask a fellow student for help or is that cheating? could i beg you for a character i can research instead of struggling to slog through every last Shakespearean wizard that' mentioned on the wiki? it's a not,but i'm not sure all of them are actually from Shakespeare.

also, can i send in the extra credit answers separately later on or do they have to be sent in with the assignment?

thanks for letting me know, i'm super loving your class :3

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Nimbus 2001

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Katya Snow wrote:So,i'm working on Lesson one and i'm having a ton of fun already but i've hit a snag! the Extra credit points are rather throwing me for a loop. i know literally, nothing about Shakespeare and the google is failing me immensely. i've never been very good at the google to begin with bt all my attempts to find a Shakespearean wizard who had his staff snapped has failed all save one, prosporo but he didn't so much have it snapped or discard it as completely give it up! which i guess counts on a technicality.

could i maybe do two harry potter characters and a Tolkein character or does it have to be one of three each? could i ask a fellow student for help or is that cheating? could i beg you for a character i can research instead of struggling to slog through every last Shakespearean wizard that' mentioned on the wiki? it's a not,but i'm not sure all of them are actually from Shakespeare.

also, can i send in the extra credit answers separately later on or do they have to be sent in with the assignment?

thanks for letting me know, i'm super loving your class :3

Hi Katya

I'm glad you are loving the class. :)

I'll send you a PM with some answers to some of your questions.

I'd prefer that the homework and extra credit are sent in together but if you have the homework done now and want to send it in while you figure out what the EC is (because you want to make sure that you've sent in at least something), that is fine. Please add in, at the bottom of your regular assignment, that you intend to send in EC but it will be in a bit.

Thank you for asking.
*Siggy and Avatar from The Princess Bride*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....STILL."~Xaris

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Thanks so much! that really helps a lot. ^^ all i have left is the EC and it's only the second so i will work on the EC and send it with the assignment. :3

Return to “Wand-Making”