Lost Points?

Questions and Messages for HOL Administrators

Moderator: Headoffice

Maxim Trevelyan
Moontrimmer

Lost Points?

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:52 pm

I actually noticed this last year, when HOL was having a makeover, but it happened again.

I've written a chapter for collaborative book writing. After a little while it was accepted and I got in my logs 'You won 10 House Points in Collaborative Book Writing.' This I find weird, because when people win points it's always 'X has awarded you 10 points for Class Extra Work/Class Exam/etc.'.

So I decide to wait some time and while I did get the log, no points were counted towards my total. It wasn't just a question of approving points either. Even if points are not approved, they are counted on the main profile, but not in 'House Points' or 'Fact Sheet'.

I never got my points for Getting into Harry Potter story either I think.

Is this another glitch?
Thank you Dario!

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Comet 180

Re: Lost Points?

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:44 pm

'You won 10 House Points in Collaborative Book Writing' is the log message you should get, but it is supposed to also submit your points automatically. Getting into Harry Potter was also automatic. Neither have been working, so send me a screenshot of your logs and I'll submit the points.

Maxim Trevelyan
Moontrimmer

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Sent over HOL Forum Message.

Thank you for looking into this Scarlet!
Thank you Dario!

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Also, the "points" have been being submitted with the date of September only (no matter what month they have been approved), so possibly look there as well. (this has been going on for years). This is why I haven't been approving chapters very much and the Art department has been dead, because these issues still aren't worked out.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Return to “Administrators' Office”