Moving Pets, Awards, And Treasures

Questions and Messages for HOL Administrators

Moderator: Headoffice

Prof. Lorelei Lovegood
No broom

Postby Prof. Lorelei Lovegood » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Is it possible to have my pets, awards, beans, and treasures moved from my old student account (lo858) to my new Professor account (pr_lov)? I've friended my old student account so I can feed my pets, but I can't pet them and they're sad. And of course I want access to my beans and the other stuff.........

Oh, yeah, and my points and quills as well! How could I forget about those? - Prof. Lorelei Lovegood-Snape 4/21/09
Last edited by Prof. Lorelei Lovegood on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Ashlee Sully
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Ashlee Sully » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:36 am

This is something I've been wanting to ask about as well. I am set to graduate at the end of this school year and will most likely apply to become a Professor. Should I be successful, I would like my points, awards, quills, treasures and wizard cards to follow me. The way I see it I spent seven years obtaining that stuff and would prefer to have it sitting in my active profile.

:) I hope it can be done!
Retired Slytherin Professor || Lover of Chocolate || Addicted to Frogs

Prof. Lorelei Lovegood
No broom

Postby Prof. Lorelei Lovegood » Fri May 15, 2009 12:08 am

Crap! My toad ran away! I know he was fed recently. It was probably because he got hungry one time too many without being petted! :(

Prof. Mark Mandrake
Oakshaft 79

Postby Prof. Mark Mandrake » Fri May 15, 2009 10:43 pm

Some of these things can be carried over, however, it's a time-consuming task. Some of the listed things (such as points, quills and awards) will however never be carried over because they apply to your student file. As I'm currently quite busy I can't guarantee anything.

--Mark
Last edited by Prof. Mark Mandrake on Fri May 15, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Mark Mandrake | pr_mar | Ravenclaw

Prof. Lorelei Lovegood
No broom

Postby Prof. Lorelei Lovegood » Sat May 16, 2009 3:05 am

How about I just ask the professors who gave me the awards and quills and points to just re-award them to me on my professor account? And how about I let Rumpelteazer run away and then you just sell him back to me for zero dollars?

Prof. Ashlee Sully
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Ashlee Sully » Mon May 18, 2009 4:12 am

Thanks for the response Mark :) If I do become a Professor, I guess I'll just have to deal with it! However, if the time comes I will probably bug you to move some of my treasures (namely my DaKeed Napper Card).

Adeliene Cromwell
Oakshaft 79

Postby Adeliene Cromwell » Mon May 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Prof. Lorelei Lovegood wrote:
QUOTE (Prof. Lorelei Lovegood @ May 15 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about I just ask the professors who gave me the awards and quills and points to just re-award them to me on my professor account? And how about I let Rumpelteazer run away and then you just sell him back to me for zero dollars?

I think first of all, that after a class closes, you can't exactly go back and award points from previous classes. I don't know about awards really, but yeah. I'm sure it's similar.

And your points, awards, quills are all still there. It's probably easier on Mark for you just to link back to your student profile within your professor profile. But you kinda knew it would all be given up when you became a professor.

I understand this is really important to you, but there is a ton of other stuff that could be done around HOL first that would benefit all. XD
"Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die."- Amelia Burr
Thank you Cassie<333333

Prof. Ashlee Sully
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Ashlee Sully » Tue May 19, 2009 1:50 pm

Lorelei - you won't be able to get your points/quills as you can only award them when a class is open and the student/professor is enrolled in that class. Awards can be given regardless of class status but I don't think it's a good idea to re-award them to a second profile as it kinda creates a double up.

I agree that there are a ton of other things that need doing around HOL (and I'd prefer they get done first), for me I just wanted to know if it was possible. I would have loved to carry them over with me. I take comfort in the fact that I will still be able visit my old profile. I guess it's a sacrifice, just like earning points that don't count towards the cup! I like the idea of linking profiles though, I had considered this if moving profile information wasn't simple and given what Mark has said I'll be doing exactly that.

:)
Last edited by Prof. Ashlee Sully on Tue May 19, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Lorelei Lovegood
No broom

Postby Prof. Lorelei Lovegood » Wed May 20, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm not sure how to reply to these responses without hurting feelings, but let me just say first that my feelings are hurt. I feel like I'm being attacked and being spoken to as if I'm stupid and/or selfish.

Of course I did not know that these things could not be transferred. If I knew that, why would I ask? I'm not a computer programmer, and I don't know the inner workings of the HOL site.

And I'm hurt that it seems to me that everyone seems to be assuming that I think that what I asked to be done is more important than the other things that need to be done at HOL.

My time is very valuable to me. If anyone wants to think that's selfish, so be it, but I didn't see anything wrong in asking to combine the credit for the hard work and effort I did put in as a student onto one profile. I know it's just a game, but really, in RL, do you give up what you've earned when you get promoted? No, you don't. So what's wrong with me asking if this could be done?

It appears to me that I should not be asking questions or giving suggestions.

Please don't respond, I've engaged in this as far as I'm going to. Believe it or not, the transferring of the stuff wasn't THAT important to me, and it just became a non-issue. But I will defend myself whenever I feel I'm being treated in a disrespectful manner.
Last edited by Prof. Lorelei Lovegood on Wed May 20, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holly Muse
No broom

Postby Holly Muse » Thu May 28, 2009 6:08 pm

I know you didn't want people to reply, but I do see your point about wanting to move your stuff. I mean, i'm only in my first year, but even after this time i'm really atached to what I have on HOL.
An idea, could you log in to your student acount and go to your bean pouch, there's an option to send beans to a friend and you could send it to your new acount. Not sure if you've already done it but it was a thought, I hope it works out for you :)

Holly.

Return to “Administrators' Office”