Video games discussion topic

Moderator: Polaris Black

Samuel Craft
No broom

Postby Samuel Craft » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:40 am

Favorite Games:

PS2:XMen Legend,SSX Tricky,Sly Fox 2 (not really now though)

Game Cube:Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart Double-Dash

Those are the only two systems I have not counting game boy. Most of the games I have on PS2 and Game Cube are on XBox and vice versa.
Signature & Avatar by the Sig N Av Palace
Samuel Craft // Hufflepuff // Sixth Year // Student Teacher - [color=#000000]Factions of Superheroes[/color]

Skye Emery
No broom

Postby Skye Emery » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:53 am

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando.. OOH YEAH.
This isyour freedomin a life of fallacy, with no lastkiss & noGoodBye.

Belle Vespera
No broom

Postby Belle Vespera » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:29 pm

My first was NES with Super Mario Bros. smile.gif

Elleze Drayer
No broom

Postby Elleze Drayer » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:50 pm

I love all the Final Fantasy Games, also Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Gaia, and the Zelda games. I loved RPGs when I was younger but I haven't been too impressed with the newer ones... they seem all glittery and glamorous but lack plot and good gaming experiences. Sure, some are okay but I've gamed less and less as I've gotten older. I also really like the PC games Thief 1 & 2. There's a 3rd Thief game but I haven't played it much.
"The only woman awake is the woman who has heard the flute." -- Rumi

Carlos Lerma
No broom

Postby Carlos Lerma » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:58 am

I had the atari but i was very young, then i has the original NES ansd after that i have followd all the Nintendo consoles until the game cube smile.gif
Made by Morgy at the Hogsmeade's ID Card Shop

Tobias Zephyr
No broom

Postby Tobias Zephyr » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:24 am

I absolutely adore the Final Fantasy and Star Ocean series. biggrin.gif I'm a huge RPG fan myself, I just really like games that have lots of dimensions to them...

Of course, I'm also currently addicted to World of Warcraft...
To the kingdom of the sun across a vast sea, the journey home begins...

Avery Brookshire
No broom

Postby Avery Brookshire » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:12 am

The first games I can remember playing was Duck Hunt (I found this online-it's so fun!), Super Mario and Donkey Kong. I really like the old Donkey Kong, not the 3D one, though. But my favourite new-er games are Crash Bandicoot (heehee-I love this!!) Mario Kart Racing and Jak and Daxter. Although, my little brother just got Grand Theft Auto-San Andreas and I it's so awesome! What other game let's you play pool?!!! cool.gif
*Yo ho, yo -ouch!- a pirate's life for me*

"Of course the Neverlands vary a good deal. John's had a lagoon with flamingo's flying over it at which John was shooting, while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it."

~I'm having Sirius denial~

Belle Vespera
No broom

Postby Belle Vespera » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:43 am

Emerald Tippet wrote:Ok I just have one thing to say....
Has anyone heard of Animal Crossing for Gamecube??
Ok my boyfriend's little stepbrother got it and it looked like the dumbest game EVER! Then I played it and now we both go over there everyday to take a turn playing our game file on it lol... and we're 17! lol It's the funniest thing because it looks like something a 8 year old would play.
lol Good times! Anyways it's not a dumb game! GIVE IT A TRY! YOU WILL GET ADDICTED!

-Em

I've got it, and it's amazing! You can play for hours wink.gif I used to get up early to get all the good stuff before my boyfriend woke up, but I've had it for a year now, and it's not so interesting anymore. I mean, when I first start playing it again, I get addicted, but then I'm away or unable to play, I don't want to start playing cause it's so addictive. Kinda like the Sims, haha.

Arwen Tonks
No broom

Postby Arwen Tonks » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:04 am

Hiya!
I love Final Fantasy games, they are the best! I've only played from 7 through to 10-2 though. I love them all!! They're are so many FF fans on here, yey! :P
Does anyone know when FF12 comes out in the uk? US people get it first right? Have you got it yet?
Arwen :D

Last edited by Arwen Tonks on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I'm good, I'll go to Hogwarts when I die.
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost." - Aragorn's poem.
"Maybe I'm a Lion..." - Squall

Tulojow Nagde
No broom

Postby Tulojow Nagde » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:00 am

It's all about Zelda man! I recently sold my top-loader NES along with the original Zelda. With the store credit I got, I bought the collector's edition for GC.
Sometimes life gives us lessons sent in ridiculous packaging.
- Dar Williams
Never Headbutt A Unicorn!Image

Alissa Giggle
No broom

Postby Alissa Giggle » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:13 pm

Actually, I've had pretty much all of the gaming consoles since I can remember... lol wink.gif I'm probably a whole lot less nostalgic. Even so, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario, and some of the more recent games, like Metal Slug, are my personal favourites (for the gaming consoles). Now, my absolute favourite video games for the PC are UT2004, Halo, and NWN. W00t!
*~Alissa Giggle~* | al452

G R Y F F I N D O R !

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wand: Yew, 13 inches, Dragon Heart String

James Summers
No broom

Postby James Summers » Mon May 09, 2005 3:33 pm

You know I'd forgotten how truly irritating some of the old games were. No, honestly. I had the old Sega Mega Drive up and running the other day. Now I remember why I hated Dragon Crystal so much. You spend hours playing and still can't win. *grumbles* I really should sell it - It's worth £70 would you believe - yet I just can't bring myself too....

Anyway *waits patiently for NeverwinterNights 2 to come out* Neil and I need a new RPG to multiplayer.

Jim
***Per Ardua Ad Astra***

Arwen Tonks
No broom

Postby Arwen Tonks » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:32 am

Woohoo!
I just found out that Final Fantasy 12 will come out this year, July 15th in the UK!! I can't wait for it, I love the Final Fantasy series, almost as much as Harry Potter! wub.gif
It'll go on sale for about £33 by the way, so get saving up! It's an amazing game!
Do you already have it in the USA? If you do, is it as good as other Final Fantasy's?
Arwen x
If I'm good, I'll go to Hogwarts when I die.
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost." - Aragorn's poem.
"Maybe I'm a Lion..." - Squall

Brandon Flibble
No broom

Postby Brandon Flibble » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:55 pm

Arwen Tonks wrote:Woohoo!
I just found out that Final Fantasy 12 will come out this year, July 15th in the UK!! I can't wait for it, I love the Final Fantasy series, almost as much as Harry Potter! wub.gif
It'll go on sale for about £33 by the way, so get saving up! It's an amazing game!
Do you already have it in the USA? If you do, is it as good as other Final Fantasy's?
Arwen x

I don't know where you heard that but it's wrong, if you check Square Enix's website you will see that FFXII is coming out in Japan this year and next year in North America.
Last edited by Brandon Flibble on Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GU d- s+:-- a-- C++>$ U? L(-) E? W++ N? o? K? w+ !O M-- V? PS(+) PE Y PGP- t++ 5++ X- R tv++ b+++ DI+++ D+ G e(*) h! !r !z+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Natalie James
No broom

Postby Natalie James » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:20 am

my first game system was n64. i have a playstation 2 now though. DDR is the best game in the world and you don't sit on your butt twitching your thumbs to play. the eye toy is also pretty cool for that same reason. i don't about you but sitting on my but butt and twitching my thumbs sounds pretty boring.

Natalie James | na600 | RAVENCLAW!|

Sig n' Av Made by Wonderful, Talented, Patient Pyrus from Sig n' Av Palace! Thanks!

Crystal Key
No broom

Postby Crystal Key » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:46 pm

I have an XBOX in my car but I use it to play DVD's. I used it once to play a game, it was called "NASCAR Racers" or somthing. It envolved crashing into other cars and walls, the most commonly seen thing for me was the car blowing up. I was pretty bad at that game, but there is a first time for everything! That was my first and only video game so it was my favorite.

Crystal Key
Last edited by Crystal Key on Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy Vision
No broom

Postby Amy Vision » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:48 pm

My fav. game is HP for the PC and Starfox for the gamecube. how about you? It can be for any game system, the PC (computer), board games, and anything else you can think up! tongue.gif Have fun!

EDIT: as there is a topic about video-games here already. Post there again please.
I made this sig myself. feel free to PM me
if you would like me to make you one.

|Amy James Vision|Keeper of the Secrets|
|Chocolate Freak|Snape Hater|Harry Potter Lover|

Blake Slatton
No broom

Postby Blake Slatton » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:15 am

My favorite video game for PC is Sims 2 - University. I personally am obsessed with it. I can't wait for Nightlife to come out - they get cars and stuff; that's awesome.

Does anyone else like this game?

--------

I also like DDR and KR, as well as all of the Harry Potter video games (have them all for every system.)
Alte Sententiam | Pensieve Opinion Staff
Ravenclaw Book Club | Writer's Society

Sig made by Vladimir of Sig 'N 'Av Palace

Becky MacCarthy
No broom

Postby Becky MacCarthy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:57 pm

I have a gameboy color a gameboy a gameboy advanced a nintendo ds a ps2 and a nintendo 64. The games I play for nintendo ds are super mario and I like playing pokemon games. I like the Harry POtter games and DDR.
Last edited by Becky MacCarthy on Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be a BADGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sierra Silk
No broom

Postby Sierra Silk » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:58 pm

I love DDR and the Harry Potter games. I also love Amplitude. Has anyone played that? Frequency is a really good game as well. I have played the Sims Bustin Out and I HATED it. It was such a stupid game.

Return to “Games Talk”