Video games discussion topic

Moderator: Polaris Black

Jessamyn Logan
No broom

Postby Jessamyn Logan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:39 am

I am obsessed with Pump it Up and Super Smash Brothers Melee...also Pokemon Colleseum!!

Pump it up is a lot like DDR (Dance Dance Revoloution) but I feel its a lot easier!

~Jessie

Love Always! ~Jessie||je503||Proud Hufflepuff!||"Home is where the Sett is..."||Hufflepuff Quidditch Rocks!||Sig and Av made by Me!!!

Nianala Nocens
No broom

Postby Nianala Nocens » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:01 am

Jessamyn Logan wrote:Pump it up is a lot like DDR (Dance Dance Revoloution) but I feel its a lot easier!

Eck... How do you find Pump easier than DDR? You must have long legs. The game's fun, and I might be better at it now that I'm not a beginner anymore but... It's got five places to step >< To each their own I suppose. huh.gif Haha, don't get me wrong though, I still like Pump.

Jessamyn Logan
No broom

Postby Jessamyn Logan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:20 am

Pump is easier for me, because i dance, and its easier for me to have 5 steps then 4...weird I know...

~Jessie

Love Always! ~Jessie||je503||Proud Hufflepuff!||"Home is where the Sett is..."||Hufflepuff Quidditch Rocks!||Sig and Av made by Me!!!

Evalyn Arasmiss
No broom

Postby Evalyn Arasmiss » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:17 pm

mine was the origianal playstation. now I have game boy advance and colour and xbox, gamecube, and ps2...wow that ps1 started something.

Sam Slick

Postby Sam Slick » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:20 pm

I have recently rented Hitman: Contacts and Spider-Man 2. They both are awesome, but Im having a hard time at a certain point in Hitman.

Entria Bishop
No broom

Postby Entria Bishop » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:33 pm

Lesse, I have a GameCube, GBA, and a Sega Dreamcast. And the best games for each:

GC:Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
GBA: Pokemon Saphire
DC: Grandia 2 (also availble for the PS2, go check it out! One of the best RPG's around!)
Ent Bishop| en500 |2nd Year Gryffindor
sig made by Aelita at the Hogsmeade ID Shop

Emerald Tippet
No broom

Postby Emerald Tippet » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:39 am

Well I only have PS1 and my favorite games on their is Final Fantasy XII and Chrono Cross. <-- such a good game! And you can't forget DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!

I also like Super Smash Brothers and Tony Hawk Underground for Gamecube that my ex owns.

Has anyone tried the new Spiderman 2 game for Gamecube??? I tried it at the video place in the mall and it was soo much fun! Well I didnt really know what I was doing but it was so cool shooting webs and going around the city like spiderman. lol

Well I'm out!
-Em
Image Also known as: Jacenta
Order your Siggy @ the Sig N' Av Palace! (WWW)!
> Custom made sigs, avs, banners for free!! Learn how to make graphics yourself! :)

Entria Bishop
No broom

Postby Entria Bishop » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:54 pm

Well It seems I forgot about DDR! I love playing that at the arcade!!! I tried Pump, but It was way to hard for me....
Ent Bishop| en500 |2nd Year Gryffindor
sig made by Aelita at the Hogsmeade ID Shop

Zimmer Darkrobes
No broom

Postby Zimmer Darkrobes » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:52 pm

First one was one made by a japanese company, Sharp, It was a wooden box with two dials and three games, football, tennis, and solo (something similar to squash...)

I still have it and it still works, bolieve it or not...

Then I had an Atari, a NES, SNES and N64... would very much like a PSII though...

Best games are the RP ones

Zelda SNES and N64

Chrono trigger SNES

FF3 SNES

Secret of mana (1 and 2) SNES

Can´t stop playing those

Kellaya Psy
No broom

Postby Kellaya Psy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:12 am

I only got a PS2 recently. My first console, yay! biggrin.gif So far my favourite games are DDR Konamix, Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts. I know the first two are original PS games, but they're still very good.

I'm working on trying to beat FF8 now, though I'm afraid of Ultimecia. o.o It was bad enough trying to fight Adel, much less the big bad sorceress herself. Eep.

DA

Jasmine Shragen
No broom

Postby Jasmine Shragen » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:40 pm

I'm a non DDR fiend, believe it or not, hate that game...*shudder* to much movement for my uncoordinated legs, they like to do the opposite of what I tell them. Uhh...*ponders* I've got a ps2 and a n64, and a working Nintendo. But I play ps2 more, Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, Kingdom Hearts, FFX, FFX-2, Oni, Primal...I love primal, and Devil May Cry 2, and well...I also love BloodRayne.

*feels like a geek* I'm not a gamer, but I still love the ones I do play.

OHHH and for computer gaming, Alice...*nod nod*
I'm small, and [color=red]unassuming...
plotting your demise with a s.m.i.l.e on my face.
-Jasmine Shragen, Slytherin 1st year[/color]
§ I'm HoL positive! §

Kellaya Psy
No broom

Postby Kellaya Psy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:15 am

Jasmine Shragen wrote:OHHH and for computer gaming, Alice...*nod nod*

I loved Alice when it first came out. The idea of a Wonderland in Chaos and Alice with a knife was too cool to resist. biggrin.gif I mostly used the croquet mallet, though. The cards weren't all that reliable for me, and the knife was a good projectile weapon, but the good ol' mallet - whee!

Computer games wise, I used to be really big on The Sims, Sim City, and any fantasy RPG game you can name. Gates of Baldur, that sort of thing.

Dang. I've got to go and find Alice again. I haven't played in ages.

DA

Eddie Valon
No broom

Postby Eddie Valon » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:50 am

Well i just like to say i LOVE FFX... though FFX2 was a rip off, they used the whole map and the engine but they twiddle with the storyline and rebuild the battle engine. Everyone bought that game just to see something romantic between Yuna and Tidus, the ending of FFX was soooooooo cruel.

Anyways steering this topic into Web based games... every hardcore gamer should have played MOTAS or the crimson room, both very good games. Just google MOTAS or the "crimson room" and have fun (don't get too fusterated, addicted, or mad and start spamming PMs to me for introducing such games)

If not, try secrets of mirage... thats online

LONG LIVE TALES OF SYMPHONIA!
Third Year Gryff.

Arwen Tonks
No broom

Postby Arwen Tonks » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:28 pm

I had a playstation and a gameboy colour, i never really played on the gameboy that much, just for pokemon lol, i loved it. Now I have a PS2 and sold my PS and gamebpy because you can still play on the Final Fantasy's, Kingdom Hearts and Harry Potter on a PS2. That's the only reason I have it! For Final Fantasy!!! It rocks, then KH and Hp are good on it too although, HP is really quick and easy to complete whereas Final Fantasy gets you caught up in the characters and storyline and love story and wow... they're great rpg's and take longer than normal games to complete. You have got to get them if you enjoy rpg's! They're the best games in the world. FF and HP are what I live for! tongue.gif
If I'm good, I'll go to Hogwarts when I die.
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost." - Aragorn's poem.
"Maybe I'm a Lion..." - Squall

Stokely Dragomir Sekhemet
No broom

Postby Stokely Dragomir Sekhemet » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:53 pm

I had Nintendo! Yeah! Nintendo ROCKED! I use to LOVE playing Mario Brothers and Paper Boy... I LOVED those games! Now my fave games are Kingdom Hearts (can't WAIT for the 2nd one! It's coming out in October... MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!), Oddworld, and Quidditch World Cup (Japan, France, and Spain are REALLY good... But where is the Irish team? Did anyone else notice they don't have the Irish team in that game?). Three other games I Love from the 1st Playstation are Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Donkey Kong, and Twisted Metal! YAY!i! I loved Donkey Kong so much when it first came out that I got a Gameboy and the Donkey Kong Gameboy Game and played it on there ALL the time! Played it at recess (4th Grade), class when no one was looking, the bathroom (*He*He*... I was really desperate to play), and at lunch! YAY!i!

A Proud Lioness, Stokely happy.gif
Last edited by Stokely Dragomir Sekhemet on Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stokely (Trinity) Dragomir Sekhemet
~* 1st Year || Gryffindor || st509 *~

Price Putnam
No broom

Postby Price Putnam » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:48 am

Hmm favorite games...

NES: Super Mario 2, CastleVania, A Boy and his Blob

SNES: Crono Trigger, FF3(6), Secret of Evermore, Earthbound, Yoshi Island

N64: Super Smash Bros.

PSX: FF7, Crono Cross, Metal Gear Solid

PS2: FFX

X-box: Halo biggrin.gif
|Price Putnam|pr507|First Year|

Emerald Tippet
No broom

Postby Emerald Tippet » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:38 pm

Ok I just have one thing to say....
Has anyone heard of Animal Crossing for Gamecube??
Ok my boyfriend's little stepbrother got it and it looked like the dumbest game EVER! Then I played it and now we both go over there everyday to take a turn playing our game file on it lol... and we're 17! lol It's the funniest thing because it looks like something a 8 year old would play.
lol Good times! Anyways it's not a dumb game! GIVE IT A TRY! YOU WILL GET ADDICTED!

-Em
Image Also known as: Jacenta
Order your Siggy @ the Sig N' Av Palace! (WWW)!
> Custom made sigs, avs, banners for free!! Learn how to make graphics yourself! :)

Colin Ross
No broom

Postby Colin Ross » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:19 pm

Hey, does anyone play final fantasy XI?
Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sence of compassion.

Julie Garnet
No broom

Postby Julie Garnet » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:45 am

Favorite games:

SNES: Final Fantasy 3 (aka FF6), Chrono Trigger
PS: Final Fantasy IX, Chrono Cross, DDR Konamix
GBA: Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Onimusha Tactics

Gotta love those traditional RPGs and tactical RPGs, right? rolleyes.gif

Tom Lithmus

Postby Tom Lithmus » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:59 am

GTA : San Andrea is one of the best games ever!!!!!!!

Return to “Games Talk”