Video games discussion topic

Moderator: Polaris Black

Kiara Diamonte
No broom

Postby Kiara Diamonte » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:24 am

I have PS2 and GameCube. I had the original Nintendo years and years ago... I swear I beat Super Mario Bros about a half a million times. Still remember too, at the end of the 3rd level, against the stairs, if you landed on the turtle guy just right, you could make him richochet back and forth and just rack up the free lives. Anyways..

The game I am like, completely addicted to right now, is Psychonauts. I LOVE THAT GAME!! Hehe, I can sit for hours playing that silly game and never get sick of it!!
Made by CheekyxInfinity!Cosmo

Alwyn Paow
No broom

Postby Alwyn Paow » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:11 pm

My brother and I have TONS of video game consols. Let's see....
Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Game Cube, PS2, two Game Boys, two Game Boy Colors, two Game Boy Advances and one Game Boy Advance SP.
And then we've got TONS of games for every system. But that's mostly my bro's thing. I'm not very good at spontanious decisions so my favorite game is HARVEST MOON! Seriously, I love to farm. And it's the only game I'm better at then my bro (mostly because he doesn't play it).
I also adore the game DDR. I like getting a good workout while listening to crazy techno music.
I feel lost and alone, like an artichoke in the snow...

Ryuichi Hyori
No broom
Location: We strive to be the best, but just end up being a part of a nest of people of equal intelligence. We

Postby Ryuichi Hyori » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:46 pm

I'm still playing Final Fantasy VII for some reason. Although, it is the best game of all time, in my opinion. I'm not a big Nintendo fan though. I liked Paper Mario and Zelda. But that's it.

I enjoy DDR as well! I suppose that's why I'm such a fast runner...
mellow.gif

[-Potiontology-][-Class Assistant-]

When you want everything you'll end up with nothing...

Isabella Kettleburn
No broom

Postby Isabella Kettleburn » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:51 pm

I am a huge Sims/Sims2 freak smile.gif That's pretty much the only PC game I play, I much prefer console games. I also love the Final Fantasy series, been playing that one since the first on old NES. Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and the Tekken series are other favorites.
~*~Fourth Year~*~ Wand: 10" Sycamore, centaur tail hair core.~*~

Sonne Lindemann
No broom

Postby Sonne Lindemann » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:08 am

My firsts were Super Nintendo and Game Boy. Right now can't get enough XBox and Game Cube (I have some PC games but prefer console ones).

My favorites list:

LOTR: FOTR, TT, RTTK
The Hobbit
Fable
Sims (including all X Box sequels available)
Roller Coaster Tycoon (because not everything has to be fighting)
Zoo Tycoon
Animal Crossing (funny, cutesy Sim/like game. It runs on real world time including holidays and weather, for Game Cube and NDOS as long as I know)

I don't like "shooting games" ( you know, like those where all you can see is your hand and a gun and you shoot eerie zombies). I rather play games where the characters have special moves, swords, spells.

Brendan Doyle
No broom

Postby Brendan Doyle » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:31 am

I love the Sims 2! I used to love the Sims but when the Sims 2 came out the Sims got boring... I first had a Nintendo 64. I prefer PC games to consol games, however.

Kiriuta Yuzuki
No broom

Postby Kiriuta Yuzuki » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:11 pm

I have PC and PS2 and PSX (but it's broken).....

In PS2, I played FFX, FFX-2, and lots of another games.... But currently I'm playing Wild Arms : alter Code F.....

in PC, I also played the Sims 2, and Civilization 4. It's quite funny *and weird too* to see Moses born at India, or St.John born at 2040 AD.....

Aphelia Starr
No broom

Postby Aphelia Starr » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:03 am

<333 Sims 2

Anywho, the real point of this post is this. I'm searching for this really old computer game. Yes, really old, as in, all in green old. Here's what I remember of the game: You played the Captain of a European exploring vessel attempting to find passage to the Orient and it's glorious spices. You sailed without a map (this being unexplored territory) along the coast of Africa. You kept a log book on pieces of paper, probably because the computer just wasn't capable of doing that for you. Every once in a while you had to land in Africa to get food. I think you had to fight wild animals. There may also have been troubles at sea for you to deal with, but I'm not sure. If anyone has even the slightest clue about the title of this game, send me a PM because topics on this thread move waaaay to quickly. (Really, games pretty much need their own topic...)

Aphelia Rochelle Ashlyn Nicholette Starr

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:21 am

Just a reminder to all those Sims 2 fans out there that the new expansion pack is coming into stores on Thursday March 2nd. (USA only as far as I know) It's called Open for Business! You get to have your Sims own and run their own shops in the Downtown area! smile.gif I'm so excited! smile.gif
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Ciaran Drea
No broom

Postby Ciaran Drea » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:05 pm

OMG I <3333 the sims games.

Thats so cool Rorey! the only thing is I live in Ireland I don't think that game will be out for a good while.Anyway...

My first consold I think was........ N64 I really loved it, I ues to borrow game's from my cousins and I had some of my own, I loved Mario Kart, Zelda and Tourk.

I now have a PS2 and computer for the PS2 my favourite games would have been:Tekkin (I lived on those games) GTA and Grand Trismo. and for the computer by far my favourite games were: Age of Empires and Hero's of Might and Magic.

Thats all
Ciwi
The Sett <3333333333333333333333333333333

As you may have noticed, Hufflepuff rocks my socks.

Emma
No broom

Postby Emma » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:38 pm

I'm closing this topic as we have a whole new sub area here to discuss games now smile.gif
And I'm sure mods will post some kind of guidelines soon smile.gif
[color=dark blue]Emma
GP-FC-1[/color]

Return to “Games Talk”