Video games discussion topic

Moderator: Polaris Black

Arwen Tonks
No broom

Postby Arwen Tonks » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:31 pm

Dark Chronicle is a really good game as well as Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Harry Potter games! biggrin.gif Just played on DC and it's amazing!!!
If I'm good, I'll go to Hogwarts when I die.
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost." - Aragorn's poem.
"Maybe I'm a Lion..." - Squall

Katie Morris
No broom

Postby Katie Morris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:58 pm

Harry Potter Games, WWE Games, The Sims. I loooooveeee all these games, hehe happy.gif, they are my favourite games for the PS2 and PC!

Etheria Angel
No broom

Postby Etheria Angel » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:30 pm

Blake Slatton wrote:My favorite video game for PC is Sims 2 - University. I personally am obsessed with it. I can't wait for Nightlife to come out - they get cars and stuff; that's awesome.

Does anyone else like this game?

I LOVE Sims2U!! Yes indeed!! And I can't wait for Nightlife either.

Right now on PS2 I'm playing FFX which is very cool as well smile.gif

Kylara Avalon
No broom

Postby Kylara Avalon » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:16 pm

I still have my old NES. I remember how frustrated I would get playing Zelda because I had no idea where I was supposed to go for anything, so I would just end up wandering around. I got lost so often! *laughs*
I finally got a PS2 for Christmas, but the only games I have are DDR MAX and DDR Extreme *gonk*. Now I don't have to go to the arcade to play, but I do anyway because then I get to play Time Crisis and House of the Dead.
Does anyone remember SoulEdge? That was one of my fave arcade games ever, and then the arcade replaced it with Sega Soccer. dry.gif

I really want Neverwinter Nights. I got soooo adicted to the demo. It's my favorite game now. ^.^

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." - Emerson

"The people whose opinions matter won't care, and the people who would care, don't count." - Fearthainn

Nikki Malfoy
No broom

Postby Nikki Malfoy » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 am

i dont have any of the new kinds of video game stuff. except for gameboy advance. other than that, i have atari,(my sister found it at my grandmas house)supern nintendo, and nintendo 64.
Last edited by Nikki Malfoy on Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
meh

Chiaki Kuroda
No broom

Postby Chiaki Kuroda » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:20 pm

Wow. That's pretty old. Well, I love playing Sonic the Hedgehog games (mostly the ones on Gamecube) along with Soul Calibur (GC). I also love the Playstation 2, and mostly any kind of RPG I can get my little Asian hands on. But I think I love SquareEnix the best.
Chiaki Kuroda; Ravenclaw; Second Year

Devander Darius
No broom

Postby Devander Darius » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:16 pm

my first system was Super Nintendo. I still think Super Mario world is the greatest game of all time. Back then i could play that game for hours and hours and not get bored

"Toujours Pur"

Eli Farmer
No broom

Postby Eli Farmer » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:28 pm

prepare to be shocked: i play ps1. yes its a 1. & it was free becaues we won it in a contest at target. i have to say i love bad special effects. you can stand in midair and jump farther & whatnot. plus you get classic games like frogger and crash bandicoot. which is really all i play biggrin.gif .

Elandra Maerdyn
No broom

Postby Elandra Maerdyn » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:06 pm

Wowee, a playstation huh? Some of those games are just so awesome ^.^ Classics can be hard to beat! I originally started off with a Nintendo 64 and the gameboy colour, but now I've also gotten a PS2, Gamecube, and Gameboy Advanced. Me brother decided to buy a Nintendo DS, so I just mooch playing time off of him.

So far some of my favorite games have to be Kingdom Hearts (PS2), Final Fantasy X (PS2), Harvest Moon (N64/Gamecube Versions), Bauldurs Gate (PC/PS2), aaaaand The Sims 2. I'm all for the roleplaying/fantasy adventure games if you couldn't tell ^.^

Justin Time
No broom

Postby Justin Time » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:58 am

my first system was the NES.. i remember playing the double cartridge duckhunt/super mario bros

good times..... good times

Elandra Maerdyn
No broom

Postby Elandra Maerdyn » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:15 pm

Ha, I loved those double cartriges for the NES ^.^ Especially the one that held just about every single Mario game that had been created up until then. Aaaah, what fun!

Naomi Jourdain
No broom

Postby Naomi Jourdain » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:09 am

Ok, this might give me away but my first was the atari system. And my favorite game was frogger, and astroids. Wow man, that was way, way back when. Now I have an Xbox and I'm still playing frogger. Ya those are the two I played, I even remember the console and how to hook it up to our large screen(28")lol. The ones that were like a million pounds and you couldn't move it with out my uncles. Ok, I could go on but if you want to talk about games now I'd talk.

Nami blink.gif
Last edited by Naomi Jourdain on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every man's life is a fairy tale
written by God's fingers."
Hans Christian Anderson

Sean Lanto
No broom

Postby Sean Lanto » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:13 pm

Has anyone saw the New Zelda Trailer? Man It looks wicked. Its supposed to be 6 times the size of OoT's Hyrule.

Justin Time
No broom

Postby Justin Time » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:17 am

Sean Lanto wrote:Has anyone saw the New Zelda Trailer? Man It looks wicked. Its supposed to be 6 times the size of OoT's Hyrule.

yeah twilight princess looks.. really really amazing.. it's my computers wallpaper right now, it's just awesome.. i can't wait to get my hands on it

Jupisan Matthews
No broom

Postby Jupisan Matthews » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:42 pm

I started with the NES and the double cartidge of Duck Hunt and Mario Brothers. I still have the NES and it works.biggrin.gif
Then went with the Sega and I loved the 6 pack in one cartidge. biggrin.gif
Went to the PS1 and I played mostly Tony Hawk Games.
Went to the PS2,is now finishing Kingdom Hearts..yea a long time to finish it but I like to take my time...
I have the Sims and it rocks and I like Pokemon,its an awesome game.

Seren Edwards
No broom

Postby Seren Edwards » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:03 am

My first console was the NES and I was hooked on Mario Brothers and a game that was called dungeons and castles or something similar to that. Then I moved onto the SNES and discovered Zelda.I became a massive fan and bought the follow ups etc. Moved on to the playstation 2 and I'm now an expert snowboarder.SSX is my favourite. I am on the last part of SSX 3 and have two events left to open. I also want to try the Sims on playstation 2 but I don't know anyone who's played it and can't find a review on it. They are on offer at the moment but I just don't know wether to go for it or not.

Kris Kolb
No broom

Postby Kris Kolb » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:13 am

i just have a question what do you think is better:
Nintendo Revolution
XBox 360
PS3

Mild netspeak edited out. - Rai
Last edited by Kris Kolb on Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Currently working on sig)

Icarus Nazca
No broom

Postby Icarus Nazca » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:04 am

All right, this doesn't have anything to do with gaming systems, which seems to be what the discussion here is about, but I have a question about a specific game. Forgive me for being an idiot...

Anyone play Xenosaga episode One? Can anyone tell me how to increase skill level? I can only extract level one skills and I really need some of the higher ones, but I just cannot seem to figure it out...it's probably really obvious, but...

Sharlie Danger
No broom

Postby Sharlie Danger » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:14 pm

My first was the PS1. Spyro 2 was my first game. biggrin.gif

Kimri Elchi
No broom

Postby Kimri Elchi » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:44 am

Just wondering...Does anyone here get the television station G4? It is on DirecTV for me, I am not sure if you can get it with cable. Anyways, it is all about video games all day long. I can just sit and watch it all day tongue.gif

I share all our systems with my brother, he bought them all, so they are really his. Our most recent game is Lego Star Wars for PS2. It is seriously one of my favorite games, it is challenging, but beatable and cute too. Any one else ever play it?

Return to “Games Talk”