Video games discussion topic

Moderator: Lamia Brickley

Holly Jung
No broom

Postby Holly Jung » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:53 pm

i don't know if this is the right part of the forum to write or this has been done before

but i was cleaning my room up when i discovered the megadrive system that my bro gave me after he gave it to me after many years of playing on it and then it made have flashbacks to those classic games
and i wondered what was your first gaming console?
mine was the gameboy then the megadrive
i remember the games like Sonic and streets of rage and Shinobi (which the graphics and monsters scared me!!)
so what are your views?
i wonder if i am old talking about megadrive games and actually played classic games? wink.gif
*When the moon falls in your eye i know the sun has set, the fire still burns with me since the day we met.
I know my heaven would be so complete you can make it real, i know that this chance go by, i can feel, i can be...*

Lisa Saunders
No broom

Postby Lisa Saunders » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:36 am

My first gaming console was a Sega! With 'Alex the Kid' and 'Pacwoman'. Man, the graphics were so not realistic. They were 2-d all the way through - and I got frightened because of a 2-d drawing? How embarrassing unsure.gif . Oh well, they were quite fun though.
^---------Made by Signature Palace---------^

*Goes off to plot ....*

Brandon Flibble
No broom

Postby Brandon Flibble » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:23 pm

My first video game system was the original NES, which I still have and it still works. I even still play it from time to time.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GU d- s+:-- a-- C++>$ U? L(-) E? W++ N? o? K? w+ !O M-- V? PS(+) PE Y PGP- t++ 5++ X- R tv++ b+++ DI+++ D+ G e(*) h! !r !z+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Ororo Granger
No broom

Postby Ororo Granger » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:37 am

My first Gaming Console was a Sega Master System II, and my two first games Alex Kid and Sonic. I was soooooo young. rolleyes.gif
Old Wand: 6 1/3 inches, Birch, core of Phoenix Feather :oops: It's broken
Actual Wand: Poplar, 12 1/2 inches, Unicorn Tail Hair
Pet: Northern Hawk Owl named Blacky

Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Hailey Potter » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:33 am

Mine was a Super NES. We still have it! laugh.gif We have Batman Forever, Super Mario World, Wario's World, Star Wars (Empire strikes back and return of the jedi) uh...Pacman......NBA Live '97.....I think that's it. Then we upgraded to N64, then to Gameboy Color, then now we're at Gamecube. Games have really grown up in the last 10 years, haven't they?
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride

Ilona Littrell
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ilona Littrell » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:24 am

I had sega and me and my brother was totally into sonic street fighter rolleyes.gif
and zelda ...(not sure...I was very small, we did might play that until we got nintendo..)
Last edited by Ilona Littrell on Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
-»----(¯`v´¯)----»
[color= gray]^Sig & Av made by me.
Feel free to PM me if you want one, or come to the Gryfftastic Graphics Club in the Gryff CR! ;)[/color]
|[color=Blue]Sixth Year|Lady Marauder|Gryfftastic Graphics Club|Captain of the Black PINK Pearl|[/color]

Jonathan Rico
No broom

Postby Jonathan Rico » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:43 am

Like almost everyone I started off with Sega. And my first game for it was Sonic The Hedhog. I thought of him as my all time favorite. Then came games like street fighter, but other than that Sonic was the man to me.
Jonathan Rico | jo413 | Gryffindor
Thank you for the borderline amazing avatar, Taelin!

Eleanor Chambers
Oakshaft 79

Postby Eleanor Chambers » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:03 am

Oddly enough, the first thing I had was an N64...I wasn't really into the video game thing until I saw my friend playing Mario Kart and got addicted. I asked for one for Christmas one year and My brother and I got one. Played it for hours...

But I have played my uncle's old Atari. Crazy...but fun. I like Pong, but it get's really boring after a while.
`[color=goldenrod],'.
[color=996633]/[/color] ELLA|[/color]| Gryffindor| Fourth Year |

Athena Paulus
No broom

Postby Athena Paulus » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:47 pm

Okay, so I'm feeling VERY old at the moment!! My very first gaming system was an atari. Hopefully some of you have actually heard of it. sad.gif Sadly enough, I can only remember playing a couple of games like Pitfall and Frogger.
4th Year | Gryffindor | at351

Ella Dowling
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ella Dowling » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:47 pm

Jeez, I feel young. I had a Gameboy Colour and then a PS2 *g*

-Ellad
::el378::

Taia is my angel.

Naomi Tonks
No broom

Postby Naomi Tonks » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:16 pm

Well, I had a Nintendo 64 then a gameboy, then a gameboy colour, now i have a gamecube and a gameboy advanced.

on the N64 I always favored the Mario Party Games.
"Ma, I gotta tell ya that without a doubt I get my best dancing lessons from you. You're the one who taught me how to twist and shout because you shout nonstop and you're so twisted, too! Woh-oh-oh-oh!" ~Penny Pingleton from the hit musical Hairspray.

Luv to all,
Naomi Tonks

Maggie McGravin
No broom

Postby Maggie McGravin » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:32 am

wow. normally I might say I feel old. but I don't, because I'm only sixteen. but our first gaming system in our family (and yes, I WAS born) was either an atari or a commodore. I don't remember which.

but I remember games like

Impossible Mission
Space Taxi
Dino Eggs

that's all I can think of now. but they were the cats meow back then. I remember specifically that my sisters wouldn't let me play Space Taxi because they said I was too little, and I would get so mad at them.

haha..good memories

good topic.
~Maggie McGravin~
11 1/2 inches, Persimmon
with a core of Powdered Dragon Scales

How did YOU celebrate New Years?

Kashana Nightdweller
No broom

Postby Kashana Nightdweller » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:08 am

My first gaming system was also a Sega... Then Sonic the Hedgehog like Jonathon.. O.o Then eventually games like Mortal Kombat and stuff. blink.gif It's okay Athena, I know what an atari is..Well, atleast I've heard of it.. You can play games like pacman and stuff on it right? ph34r.gif (Nyeee, I'm young.. Don't hurt me for my insolence and niaveness. *shifty glance*)
Thanks to Morgy Black for my siggy! *huggles*

James Summers
No broom

Postby James Summers » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:28 am

The first system we had was an atari. The we got a commodore 64 - which as i remember had faaar more games. Since then i've had a Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive, an original NES (not the 'super' the pre-N64 version), an original Gameboy and a Playstation. I'm currently running a PS2. mostly because I can play DVD's on it.

Jim
***Per Ardua Ad Astra***

Holly Jung
No broom

Postby Holly Jung » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:12 am

i remember the atari because my bro had it and give it to me for abit but it was very hard for a six year old to plug it in to the tv so i had to wait for my bro or dad to do it for me. i do remember playing pong and frogger!!!
my cousin had this gaming system but i don't know what it was all i remember that the games were like flopy disks but larger than standard floppy disks, black and thin
any ideas guys?

i have never been a fan of nintendo only the game boy as it was the only hand held console that was sold in the UK and i have carried it on by purchasing a PS1 and PS2
what first game made you addictive? and do you remember the first game you ever completed? i think it would be the first game that was free with the Game boy- tectis (can't spell you know that russian creator game with blocks)

holly
*When the moon falls in your eye i know the sun has set, the fire still burns with me since the day we met.
I know my heaven would be so complete you can make it real, i know that this chance go by, i can feel, i can be...*

James Summers
No broom

Postby James Summers » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:29 pm

The first game I ever completed was a game called 'panther' on the Commodore 64. It took *aaaaaages* because saving was impossible. So I had to do it in one sitting.

Funnily enough I never managed to complete the hobbit. Without the ability to save i get the feeling that was practicaly impossible. Never stopped my addiction to the game though.

Jim
***Per Ardua Ad Astra***

Alley Kitten
No broom

Postby Alley Kitten » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:47 am

My first was the original NES that came with Duck Hunt and Super Mario Brothers. Our favorite game was Bubble Bobble biggrin.gif

"Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it."

Lilly Alessa Lupin
No broom

Postby Lilly Alessa Lupin » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:07 am

My very first gaming console was the ORIGINAL NES. It' s soooo cool! I still have it. There is nothing you can compare with this VERY classic console. I've got a lot of games a swell... let me see... ehm...:

Super Mario Bros. I, II and III, Tetris, crash Test Dummies, R.C. Pro Am, Nemo Dreammaster, NES World Cup, Yoshi's Cookie, Monster in my Pocket, Double Dragon II, Castlevania, Bugs Bunny Blow Out, The Smurfs, Kirby's Adventure, Mission Impossible, Tiny Toons, Tiny Toon Cartoon Workshop and Darkwing Duck.

Wow! That's all!

Well, but afterwards I got a Game Boy and my newest gaming console is a Game Boy Advance. But nothing is like a NES. Yeah! Really! biggrin.gif
Lilly Alessa Lupin
Hufflepuff 2nd year
Wand: 9 inches, Oak, Unicorn hair

"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them."

Serena Storm Potter
No broom

Postby Serena Storm Potter » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:19 am

My first Sysytem was a Sega, with sonic and all the other classics, then a NES with all those darned mario games, then a n64 zelda-y goodness, then My sweet, sweet X-Box....man I love that thing rolleyes.gif and now we're getting a ps2. Talk about a game-crazy family that I have! biggrin.gif

Dom Tarot
No broom

Postby Dom Tarot » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:20 pm

my first game system was probably the SNES or the first gameboy but i had games on them like most of the classic mario games and donkey kong but i had a few more games that i cant think of now but they were all really fun

Cheers

dom smile.gif
my wand 12 3/4 inches Hippogriff tail hair. pet king cobra name (sizzle)
to Taia i will never forget you you were one of my fave teachers and you will always be

Return to “Games Talk”