Dungeons & Dragons

Prof. Amy Lupin
Tinderblast

Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin » Mon May 21, 2018 11:36 am

I'm very excited to be playing in my first Dungeons & Dragons campaign tomorrow night. It's something I've always been intrigued by, and, as luck would have it, a group has an opening for me.

While I'll only be doing character creation just before we start, it looks like I'll be a Fighter/Elf.

Do any of you play Dungeons & Dragons?

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale
Prof. Amy Lupin
Tinderblast

Re: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:42 pm

I've played two sessions so far, and I'm enjoying learning the mechanics of D&D. It might not be something I do long-term, but I'm glad I at least tried it out.

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale
Alexandra Steele
No broom

Post by Alexandra Steele » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:02 pm

I played for the first time last year, after listing to the Adventure Zone podcast. I happened to have a friend who had played in college, so he set up a group with a few others, and we've been playing relatively regularly ever since. My character is a Halfling Rogue (I'd watched The Hobbit right before we did character creation). I've definitely been enjoying it, but I am super grateful that I found someone who was confident enough with the game to act as DM, because I can barely keep track of things for my own character, let alone having to manage everyone else!
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Post by Astaria Rivers » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:40 pm

I played with a group back in undergrad. We would gather in one of the study rooms at the school for a club meeting because it was an official club, and we'd play. The roleplaying aspect is what drew me to it. Plus most of the ones playing were also friends of mine that I played World of Warcraft with and were in the computer club with. They pulled me over and got me addicted. Our DM was great, and always came up with the best stuff. I miss that group.

Return to “Games Talk”