Harvest Moon (all)

Moderator: Polaris Black

Chloe Fairchilde
No broom

Postby Chloe Fairchilde » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:46 pm

Just curious how many of you guys play Harvest Moon. I just got the newest game, Magical Melody, for gamecube, and it's awesome. It goes back to its roots and is really similar to the original SNES one.

For anyone who's confused, Harvest Moon is a farming game which has a game out for every platform. You play a farmer and you grow crops, make money, befriend the villagers, get married, and basically just live your life. For the most part, it's very open ended, and you can do whatever you like. It's actually really fun. It's somewhere between a sim and an RPG.
Chloe Fairchilde || ch370 || Ravenclaw

Jake Patil
No broom

Postby Jake Patil » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:06 pm

The Harvest Moon series is my favorite gaming series! I am hoping to get Magical Melody quite soon. I have heard it is one of the best games of the entire Harvest Moon series, so I am quite anxious to get ahold of it! smile.gif

I recommend the Harvest Moon series to anyone, even if your not a huge gamer (like myself!) They are fun games and will guarantee you loads of fun and hours of playing time!
Last edited by Jake Patil on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aiko Ghwitches
No broom

Postby Aiko Ghwitches » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:45 am

yeah,,, i play that game. it's a good game.
i just want to know, will the baby grow up?

Faye Roderick
Oakshaft 79

Postby Faye Roderick » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:59 pm

OMG I love this game!! I absolutely love it! It's the only game I ever played on PS and Game Boy. <333333 Harvest Moon!! laugh.gif
"It's your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers." ~ Luke Skywalker ~
FayethSixth YearThe IRC Jedi

Prof. Iruel Riddle
Oakshaft 79

Postby Prof. Iruel Riddle » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:18 am

The new one's out already? I guess I'm slow at knowing these kind of things. Anyway, I love this series. Well, since Back to nature, anyway. The first few didn't appeal to me. At ALL. They were too fast paced for me. I hated the fact the time kept going even when I wasn't playing the game. Plus, there wasn't anything to do besides farm, and occasionally go to town to buy seeds.
However, the new ones are really addicting. When I get a new Harvest Moon game, I can't stop playing it. For some reason, watering crops, feeding animals, and talking to villagers is addicting.
Prof. Iruel Riddle|pr_rid|Slytherin

"You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And, each in your season returns and returns, and is always the same.."
-Javert, Stars, Les Miserables

Charon Zephiel
No broom

Postby Charon Zephiel » Sat May 27, 2006 12:52 pm

I played a couple of Harvest Moon games their Very good games the earlier ones were'nt that great because in one of them time moved even when you were not playing the game and the only thing you could do was buy seeds and work on your farm and occassionally talk to the harvest sprites I never played the n64 one but the newer Harvest moon games are very good In the newer ones you farm and you can talk to the villagers who have their own individual personalities as they release more gasmes of the Harvest moon series they keep getting better I especially liked the Friends of mineral town and its predecessor Back to Nature I think the Harvest moon game for the Nintendo Ds will be a good game as well
The waitress is practicing politics as the businessman slowly gets stoned yet their sharing a drink they call loneliness but its better then drinking alone

Sierra Dave
No broom

Postby Sierra Dave » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:57 pm

Yup! This game is amazing! I played it a lot. I do like to play it. Although it looks simple, but this is the greatest game I've ever played.

Well, I can't wait to have the newest one...
"I'll do what I need to do..."

^^^the one who is crazy about books, reading books, writing book, and hoping to be an author^^^

----------unBeLoVed----------

>>>>>tenth02nineteenninetynine<<<<<

Chloe Matthews
No broom

Postby Chloe Matthews » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:46 am

I have A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life. I can't play them anymore though, because my gamecube broke. sad.gif
Chloe x3
Blessed Be!

"In an eagle there is all the wisdom of the world." - Lame Deer, Minnicoujou

Qweenie Noge
No broom

Postby Qweenie Noge » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:47 am

YAYAYAY Harvest Moon =P

I've only ever played the "Wonderful Life" for GameCube, and I really liked it... a LOT! I didn't know that there was a new one... Magical Melody? What is that one about?
|Qweenie Noge|1st Year|qw800|Wand: 9 1/4 inches, holly, phoenix feather|Ravenclaw|

Trip Poshre
No broom

Postby Trip Poshre » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:13 pm

I also have that game it is so sweet. biggrin.gif Ialso thought it is one of the better games. I ended up Marrying Maria. My name was Shadow. My sons name is Chris. If none of you know how to get married Just reply.
Great game though, great game.
Trip Poshre

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT ROCKS!!!!

Violeta Lost
Oakshaft 79

Postby Violeta Lost » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:39 pm

I used to play it in my Game Boy! A great game! I liked the colours and shapes of the vegetables! hehe biggrin.gif
-I need a new siggy!-

Never tickle a sleeping dragon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Violeta Lost ~ vi803 ~ Sixth Year ~ Proud Hufflepuff

Bri Kelley
No broom

Postby Bri Kelley » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:33 pm

I love Harvest Moon, I have one of the female additions: Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life. I used to play my cousin's Harvest Moon on GB Color. I loved it. Its a spiffyrific game!

Chryseis McSylvester
No broom

Postby Chryseis McSylvester » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:40 am

Err... I play Harvest Moon, too. The Game Boy Advance's ones, Friends of Mineral Town and More Friends of Mineral Town.

It's fun, anyway, though it becomes boring for me when it's winter... *lol*

Anyway... Is there someone who have played Sprite Station?
Chryseis McSylvester - ch720 - Ravenclaw

Proud to be a witch...

Prof. Jenna Hathaway
Moontrimmer

Postby Prof. Jenna Hathaway » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:51 am

I love Harvest Moon xD My friend got me addicted to it and then all we do in class is talk about it. I play the PlayStation one, Back to Nature. But when I've reached Year 2 someone borrowed it and had the nerves to erase my saved game! My attempt to save the memory card failed. sad.gif So I had to start over and all, and then in the middle of the game my PS resets itself right at the exact moment I was saving the game and then the game couldn't be opened anymore due to that. Looks like I'm not destined to ever finish that game. sleep.gif I've always wanted my character to marry Karen, though. I wish I had the patience to do it over once again.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure

Aeriis Terrel
No broom

Postby Aeriis Terrel » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:08 am

I love the Harvest Moon series.It's cool.My favorite HM game is..Another Wonderful Life, fer Gamecube.Glad to know I'm not the only one who loves HM. I got Magical Melody the other day, and so far it's awesome. smile.gif In Magical Melody, I'm aiming for my character to marry Alex.In Another Wonderful Life, I married Rock, and in A Wonderful Life I married Celia.
Last edited by Aeriis Terrel on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashley Forog
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ashley Forog » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:33 pm

I don't own it but, I've played it at my friend alice's house. It is like SO cool!!

The sad part is that I have no game console exept my computer (DUH). So i'm out of luck sad.gif

~*Ashley*~
7 1/2 inches from a spruce tree, with a dragon heartstring core is my wand.

Renee Kaiser
No broom

Postby Renee Kaiser » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:26 am

I love HM! I have all the old games though: GBC, 64, BTN, STH. I seriously don't have any games newer than that, but nothing beats those anyways. (=

Zend Avesta

Postby Zend Avesta » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Sometime, i Play that games..
hehehehe...

Tsugumi Winters
No broom

Postby Tsugumi Winters » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:53 pm

The first HM game I played was Back to Nature, I loved it.
Then I tried Save the Homeland or something like that and got annoyed...
I play More Friends of Mineral Town now, it's the only one that has a girl character in it that's in English.
I hope you guys understood that...

dana keren
No broom

Postby dana keren » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:52 pm

i Love harvest moon .
hehehehehe .
i pLayed back to nature ,save the homeLand ,and a wonderfuL Life .
correct me if I'm wrong .
hihihi (: .

Return to “Games Talk”